Cook time: 25 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6-9
INGREDIENTS MIXED WITH MEAT
1 lb ground meat
1 Tbsp beef bouillon, canned
2-3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp yellow mustard
3 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp seasoned salt (lawry’s)
SEPARATE LAYERS OF THE CASSEROLE
1 box macaroni and cheese
6 slice bread
2 c cheese, shredded
1/2 small onion, minced
3 large pickles
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 440 degrees. Butter your 6 slices of bread and put them butter-side down in an un-greased baking dish. (I use the long Pyrex dish.) Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over the bread.
2. Prepare the box of mac ‘n’ cheese per package directions. During this time you can also start on the meat.
3. Combine all the “Ingredients mixed with meat” in a large skillet. Brown the meat until it is almost done. There should still be a few pieces of meat that are not cooked all the way. (Don’t worry, they will cook the rest of the way in the oven.)
4. Now the mac ‘n’ cheese should be done and needs to be poured onto the the cheesed bread. Then pour the meat onto the mac ‘n’ cheese. Sprinkle the other cup of shredded cheese on top of the meat. Then sprinkle the pickles and onions on top. Last you get your ketchup bottle and squeeze “zig-zags” of ketchup on top of the casserole.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is all melted and the meat is all done.
I hope you enjoy my concoction of burgery goodness as much as my kids do! 🙂