Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 45 Min Serves: 12-20
2 c olive oil, extra virgin
1 c red wine vinegar
1 whole bay leaf
1 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
2 clove garlic, peeled, whole
2 clove garlic, peeled, & minced
3/4 tsp parsley, Italian
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp basil, dried
1/2 tsp thyme, dried
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 Tbsp oregano, dried
1 lb pasta, tri-colored fusilli (cooked according to package directions, drained & cooled)
1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
1 large red onion, peeled & diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 medium red pepper, diced
1 medium yellow pepper, diced
4 medium roma tomatoes, dices1 medium stick of pepperoni, paper removed, sliced 1/4 inch thick, then diced
1 can(s) medium black olives, drained & sliced
1-8 oz brick, mozzarella cheese
1-8 oz brick, sharp cheddar cheese
fresh grated romano cheese (add when serving)
1 bunch broccoli florets, chopped
1 sprig(s) rosemary, chopped
fresh oregano to taste, chopped
1. To make dressing: In a large glass jar or bottle with a lid, add whole garlic, bay leaf, & rosemary sprig. Add extra virgin olive oil & red wine vinegar. Add all remaining seasonings.Place lid on jar and shake gently to mix well. (Taste dressing & add adjust seasonings toyour taste.) Refrigerate any unused dressing. NOTE: Dressing is
Colorful Party Pasta Saladbest if left to sit 24 hours before use. This allows the garlic & rosemary to infuse into the oil & vinegar. Homemade is best, but you can use your favorite Italian dressing as well.
2. Prepare pasta according to directions, drain, cool, & drizzle with a small amount of EVOO & set aside. NOTE: Pasta salad is very versatile, & if it’s a last minute request, I make with what I have on hand. I always have fresh vegetables in my fridge, & ingredients for Italian dressing. If I don’t have red or yellow peppers, I use extra green peppers. Sometimes I add celery too. It really just depends on what I have on hand. But the recipe herein is by far my favorite way to prepare this wonderful salad!
3. Chop all vegetables & add to pasta, mix in well.
4. Dice pepperoni & cheeses; add to pasta and vegetables. Fold in. Add fresh seasonings to taste.
5. Add Italian dressing & stir well. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving. Best if made the day beforehand.
6. Stir well and add fresh grated Romano cheese just before serving.