Cook time: 2 Hr | Prep time: 30 Min | Serves: 6
2 lb chuck steak, lean sliced very thin
3 tsp cubes of beef boullion or beef base
2 Tbsp paprika, sweet mild
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chili powder
3 clove garlic minced
1 medium onion
1 pkg brown gravy mix ( I use pioneer)
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in slivers
3 oz tomato paste (1/2 small can)
1 pkg onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
1. Braise the beef until medium brown.
2. Add the onions and 1 cup of water.
3. Bring to a slow boil then add remaining ingredients except for the red peppers.
4. Add about 2 cups of water.
5. Cook over slow heat for about 2 hours.
6. Add the red peppers and cook about 15 minutes. Serve with red cabbage, spaetzle, and sourdough rye bread. Enjoy!