Are you looking for a delicious, hearty meal that the whole family will love? Look no further! This Cheesy Pork Chop Potato Casserole is the perfect comfort food for any night of the week. Packed with flavor and packed with nutrition, this casserole will be sure to hit the spot. Keep reading to find out how to make this amazing dish today!
When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing quite like a hearty casserole. This cheesy pork chop potato casserole is packed with flavor and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. The best part? It’s easy to make and can be on the table in just over an hour.
This recipe is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night. It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time, so you can spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen. This casserole is also very versatile, so you can add your favorite vegetables or change up the meat to suit your family’s preferences. And best of all, it is absolutely delicious!
This recipe is the perfect comfort food for those chilly winter nights. It’s a delicious cheesy pork chop potato casserole that everyone will love. The best part is that it’s so easy to make. Simply brown the pork chops and then add them to a casserole dish with some potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and seasonings. Then bake it in the oven until everything is hot and bubbly. This dish is sure to become a family favorite.
When it comes to delicious and comforting recipes, this cheesy pork chop potato casserole is definitely one that everyone will love. Here are some pro tips to help you make the most of this dish:
1. Be sure to use thick-cut pork chops for this recipe so that they don’t dry out during cooking.
2. To get that perfect crispy top on the casserole, be sure to preheat your oven before baking.
3. This dish is best served immediately after it’s been cooked, so be sure to have everything else ready before starting the casserole.
This dish is best made with boneless pork chops, but you could also use bone-in pork chops. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
We like to use Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe, but any type of potato will work. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
If you’re looking for a little more excitement, feel free to add some chopped green onions or shredded cheese on top of the casserole before serving.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This dish is the perfect comfort food for any night of the week. It’s packed with flavor and will leave everyone satisfied. The best part is that it’s easy to make and can be on the table in under an hour. So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and comforting meal, give this cheesy pork chop potato casserole a try!
CHEESY PORK CHOP POTATO CASSEROLE
- 8-9 whole Potatoes Medium-Sized Cut under 1/4 inch Thick
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion. Medium-Sized Cut In Half. Sliced Thin.
- 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese. Grated
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 6 whole Pork Chops
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili
- 1 teaspoon Granulated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Mildened
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Additional Chives for Garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To remove any excess starch and to prevent browning, soak the cut potatoes in cold water. This can easily be done in advance and stored in the fridge.
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil should be added to large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot. Sauté the onion in olive oil until it is caramelized. Toss in 1/3 cup flour. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Slowly add chicken stock 1/2 cup at once to prevent lumps. Finally, stir in the milk. Bring to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Mix cheese and chopped chives together until well combined. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Remove from heat
- Drain potatoes properly
- Layer half of the potatoes evenly in a 10"x15” casserole dish. Top with half of the cheese mixture. Cover the remainder of the potatoes with the cheese sauce.
- Preheat oven for 20-30 minutes and brown pork chops.
- Combine 1 cup flour and salt, pepper, and grated garlic until well mixed. Use the flour mixture to coat the pork chops.
- Cook 2 tablespoons butter with 3 tablespoons extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Three pork chops should be cooked at a stretch until they are golden brown on both ends. Pork chops are fine to cook through.
- Over potatoes, place browned pork chops.
- Repeat with remaining pork chops.
- Bake covered for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are warm and bubbly.
- Allow to rest for five to ten minutes before serving.
- Make extra cheese sauce and add it to the pan with pork chops. Add chives if necessary.