Craving your favorite Asian takeout? Then you have to try this homemade Asian Sweet Chili Chicken recipe! With its crispy, sticky, sweet and slightly spicy flavor, you won’t even miss your go-to restaurant meal. Plus, it’s easy to make from scratch so you can enjoy a delicious dinner in no time.
Asian sweet chili chicken is a popular dish that can be found in many Asian restaurants. It is made with chicken that is cooked in a sweet chili sauce. The sauce is typically made with a combination of different chili peppers, sugar, and vinegar. This dish is often served with rice or noodles.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and delicious weeknight meal, this Asian sweet chili chicken recipe is a great option! The sweet chili sauce adds a nice balance of sweetness and spice to the chicken, and the dish can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover rice you might have.
1. If you like your chicken on the sweeter side, add a little more honey to the sauce.
2. For a bit of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or ground ginger to the sauce.
3. If you want a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the mixture before cooking.
4. This dish is best served over rice or noodles.
5. Top with green onions and sesame seeds for extra flavor and visual appeal.
Conclusion & Recipe:
As Asian sweet chili chicken comes to a close, we hope you’ve enjoyed learning about this delicious dish. If you’re looking to make it at home, we’ve provided a recipe below. We hope you’ll give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do! Thank you for reading and until next time, happy cooking!
Asian sweet chili chicken
Tempura Battered Chicken
- 2 eggs whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of water ice-cold
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless-skinless cut into 1 inch pieces
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Three cloves of garlic minced
- Three green onions sliced thinly from tip to tail.
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- white sesame seeds
- Minced green onions
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter in a large bowl.
- A frying pan with enough oil should be heated up to deep fry the chicken pieces.
- Use a slotted spoon to drain the batter and then place the chicken in the pan.
- After the crust forms, break apart the chicken and cook the chicken until it is golden brown ( 4 to 5 minutes).
- To prevent oil temperature from dropping too much, work in batches.
- Take out the last chicken batch from the pan.
- Place the green onions and garlic in a pan.
- Mix the sweet chili sauce with crushed red pepper and add the chicken back.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately.
- If desired, garnish with green onions or sesame seeds.