Are you ready for a hearty, comforting bowl of soup that’s packed with flavor and protein? Look no further than this bacon, shrimp and corn chowder! Perfect for chilly winter nights or as a satisfying lunchtime meal, this recipe will have your taste buds dancing with every spoonful. With creamy broth, smoky bacon, succulent shrimp and sweet corn kernels all in one pot, it’s hard not to fall in love with the deliciousness that is this chowder. So grab a ladle and get ready to indulge in some serious comfort food.
This delicious and hearty chowder is perfect for a winter meal. It is packed with flavor and will leave you feeling satisfied. The best part is that it is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
If you love bacon, shrimp and corn, then this chowder recipe is a must-try! It’s a hearty and creamy soup that’s perfect for cold winter nights. Plus, it’s super easy to make. Just saute the bacon and shrimp, then add the corn and other ingredients to the pot. In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious meal that your family will love.
Here are some tips to help you make the best bacon, shrimp and corn chowder:
– Use high quality bacon for this recipe. It will make a big difference in the flavor of the dish.
– If you can find fresh shrimp, use them! They will be much tastier than frozen shrimp.
– Be sure to cook the corn before adding it to the soup. This will ensure that it is nice and sweet.
– This chowder is best served hot, so be sure to reheat it before serving.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Bacon, shrimp and corn chowder is a hearty, flavorful soup that is perfect for a winter meal. This soup is packed with protein and vegetables, and the bacon and shrimp add a nice salty flavor. This soup can be made in under an hour, and it makes a great leftovers meal.
Bacon, Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- 5 Slices Hickory Smoked Wright Brand bacon cut in small pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimps peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- Crush the red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- To taste salt and black pepper
- If desired garnish with fresh thyme sprigs
- Fry the bacon pieces in a Dutch oven or large pot on medium heat until crisp (about 8-10 minutes), stirring often. Transfer the bacon to a plate covered with paper towels. Let the fat go from the pot and leave 1 tablespoon.
- Stir frequently and add shrimp to the pot. Cook until the shrimp is pink (about 3-4 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp and place on a plate with the bacon. Keep the juices in the pot.
- Sauté garlic and onions. Sautee for 3 minutes or until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Mix in paprika and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently for 2 minutes.
- Mix in corn, chicken stock, and half and half. Mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 min.
- Blend about half the soup in an immersion blender until it becomes creamy. Blend 2 cups of the soup in an immersion blender until smooth. Blend until smooth. Return to the pot and mix well.
- Serve with shrimp, and garnish with bacon pieces.
- If desired, garnish with fresh thyme leaves.