These bacon wrapped smokies are cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, then coated in brown sugar and spices and baked to perfection. An easy appetizer option that’s great for feeding a large crowd.
Bacon wrapped smokies are the perfect party appetizer! They are easy to make, and always a hit with guests. This recipe is for a classic bacon wrapped smokie, but feel free to get creative with your own flavor combinations.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious appetizer to serve at your next party, look no further than this bacon wrapped smokies recipe! These little smokies are wrapped in bacon and then baked to perfection, resulting in a crispy, flavorful treat that’s sure to be a hit with your guests. Plus, they can be made ahead of time and frozen until you’re ready to bake them, making them the perfect last-minute addition to your menu.
When it comes to bacon wrapped smokies, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to make sure they turn out perfectly. First, make sure your smokies are fully cooked before wrapping them in bacon. This will help ensure that the bacon stays crispy.
Next, be sure to use thin sliced bacon so that it cooks evenly and doesn’t overpower the flavor of the smokies. Finally, if you’re not serving the smokies right away, be sure to reheat them so that the bacon stays nice and crispy.
This recipe is perfect for a party because it is easy to make and always a hit! I like to use mini smoked sausages, but you can use any size you like. Just be sure to adjust the cook time accordingly.
I prefer to wrap the bacon around the sausage in a spiral pattern so that there is maximum bacon coverage. And, speaking of bacon, be sure to use thin-sliced bacon so that it cooks evenly and gets nice and crisp.
These little bites are best served warm, straight from the oven. But, if you have any leftovers (unlikely!), they reheat nicely in the microwave.
Conclusion & Recipe:
To conclude, this bacon wrapped smokies recipe is a great way to cook up some delicious little snacks. They’re easy to make, and they’re always a hit at parties. Give them a try the next time you’re looking for something to snack on.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 12 ounces little cigarettes
- For 1 pound bacon you don't need to use thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar I use light brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Coat sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the brown sugar with the garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl. Combine all ingredients.
- Divide each slice of bacon in thirds.
- Wrap each little smokie around a piece de bacon, then roll the smokie into the brown sugar mixture.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick by running a toothpick through it.
- With the remaining smokies, repeat the process. Place them all on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the smokies, and then bake for 10-15 minutes more or until bacon becomes crispy.
- Place the smokies and sauce on a platter. If you wish, remove the toothpicks. Sprinkle with parsley.