The Mexican Burrito is an amazing dish with a variety of different fillings, like ground beef and sofritas, black beans and rice, vegetarian refried beans with cilantro-lime rice, shredded chicken with salsa verde, or pulled pork. Check out this blog article to learn more about the history of the burrito and which ingredients make up its deliciousness!
If you’re in the mood for a deliciously hearty and filling meal, then look no further than these baked burritos! Packed with all of your favorite burrito ingredients like rice, black beans, chicken, cheese, and salsa, these burritos are sure to satisfy. And best of all, they can be made ahead of time and frozen for those busy weeknight dinners. Simply pop them in the oven and enjoy!
There are many reasons to try this recipe for baked burritos. First, it is a healthier alternative to traditional fried burritos. Second, it is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Third, the baked burrito is a great option for those who are watching their weight or trying to eat healthier. Finally, this recipe is perfect for leftovers and can be easily reheated in the microwave.
When it comes to making baked burritos, there are a few pro tips that can help you make the perfect dish. First, be sure to use quality ingredients. This will make all the difference in the taste of your final product. Second, don’t be afraid to experiment with different fillings and toppings. There are endless possibilities when it comes to filling and topping your burrito, so get creative and have fun! Lastly, remember that the key to a perfect baked burrito is in the preparation. Be sure to take your time and follow the recipe carefully for best results.
This recipe is for baked burritos, not fried. If you’re looking for a fried burrito recipe, this isn’t it.
These burritos are packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of spices in the filling. The enchilada sauce adds a nice touch of heat, while the sour cream and cheese add creaminess and depth of flavor.
Assembling the burritos is easy: simply fill each tortilla with the filling, roll it up, and place it in the baking dish. Once they’re all assembled, pour the enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle on some shredded cheese. Then bake until hot and bubbly.
These burritos are best served hot out of the oven, but they’ll keep in the fridge for a few days if you need to make them ahead of time.
Conclusion & Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 c. shred rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. enchilada sauce
- One lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- can black beans drained
- 2 c. white rice
- 1 c. cheddar cheese divided
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Serve with sour cream optional.
- Hot sauce optional
- For serving optional, chop cilantro
- Step 1Preheat oven at 350°F. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté onion until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in chicken and 1/2 cup enchilada. Continue to cook until chicken is coated. Mix until well combined. Mix in the lime juice and season with salt to taste.
- Step 2Work one burrito at the time. Lay a tortilla onto a cutting board. To the middle, add a spoonful of beans and rice. Then, add the chicken mixture and top it with a few pieces of each cheese. To sprinkle on the burritos, reserve about 1/2 cup cheese. Place the burrito in a casserole dish. Continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Step 3 Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce over the Burritos and then sprinkle the cheeses on top. Cover and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Step 4Garnish the dish with cilantro, and serve it with hot sauce and sour cream, if you like.