Are you looking for the perfect way to use up those brown bananas? Look no further than this delicious Chocolate Banana Bread recipe! This tender, moist bread is loaded with chocolate chips and is sure to become your favorite banana bread recipe. Read on to find out why it’s the best chocolate banana bread you’ll ever have!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make banana bread recipe, this is the one for you! This chocolate banana bread is moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor. It’s the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or a snack. And it’s so simple to make, you’ll be able to have it ready in no time.
There are a few key reasons why this chocolate banana bread recipe is worth trying. For one, it’s a delicious and unique take on the classic banana bread. It’s also relatively quick and easy to make, so you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Plus, this recipe is perfect for anyone who loves chocolate and bananas!
Assuming you follow the recipe to a T, here are some tips to ensure your chocolate banana bread turns out fantastically!
First, be sure to use ripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the more natural sweetness they’ll impart on the bread. If your bananas aren’t very ripe, you may want to add a little extra sugar to the recipe.
Second, make sure you melt the chocolate completely before adding it to the batter. If there are any chunks of chocolate in the batter, they may not bake all the way through and you’ll be left with un-melted pockets of chocolate in your bread.
Third, take care not to over-mix the batter. Over-mixing can result in a tough texture. Just mix until everything is well combined – no need to go crazy!
Fourth, this bread is best served fresh and warm from the oven. But if you have leftovers (lucky you!), store them in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days.
Conclusion & Recipe:
The chocolate banana bread was moist, soft, and had the perfect amount of sweetness. The chocolate chips were a nice touch and added some extra richness to the bread. Overall, this was an excellent recipe and I will definitely be making it again.
Best chocolate banana bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas about 3 medium bananas
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melt
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 cup light brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup large semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place a loaf pan 9x5 inches in butter and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. If you don't have the time to whisk, it is best to sift all ingredients. Set aside.
- Place the ripe bananas into a large bowl. Use a fork to smash them with your hands until they are in small pieces. Combine the slightly cooled butter, oil and vanilla with the egg. Stir until combined.
- Mix in brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Mix gently using a spatula.
- Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips and chopped walnuts if desired.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup of the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minute or until a toothpick placed in the center of the bread comes away clean. After 50 minutes, start checking on the bread. If necessary, keep an eye on it for 5 minutes.
- After baking is complete, remove the pan and place it on a wire cooling shelf. Let the bread cool down in the pan for at least 15 minutes.
- You can easily remove the bread by running a knife along the edges.
- Cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!