The best way to make chili is in the slow cooker! It’s so easy because you don’t have to babysit the pot on the stove. All you have to do is brown the beef and add it with some beans, tomato sauce, and our secret ingredients.
If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty chili recipe that can be made in a slow cooker, look no further! This recipe for slow cooker chili is packed with flavor and features a variety of spices to give it a nice kick. The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and can be ready to eat in just a few hours.
This chili recipe is perfect for colder days or when you want a hearty meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen. It’s also great for feeding a crowd, as it makes a large batch. Serve with some freshly-baked bread or cornbread on the side, and enjoy!
This recipe is for a slow cooker chili that is spicy, thick, and delicious. It is made with ground beef, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
1. Always brown your meat before adding it to the slow cooker. This will give the chili a richer flavor.
2. Be sure to use diced tomatoes, not crushed tomatoes. The diced tomatoes will break down more during cooking and create a thicker chili.
3. If you want a truly spicy chili, add an extra jalapeno pepper or two. If you prefer a milder chili, leave out the jalapeno peppers altogether.
4. This chili is best served with shredded cheese and sour cream on top. Enjoy!
This chili recipe is my go-to when I want a hearty, comforting meal. It’s packed with flavor and has just the right amount of spice. The best part is that it’s made in the slow cooker, so it’s super easy to prepare.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when making this chili:
-I prefer to use ground beef that is at least 80% lean. Otherwise, the chili can be too greasy.
-I like to add a can of diced tomatoes for extra flavor and texture, but you can omit this if you prefer.
-If you want a thicker chili, you can add a can of tomato paste along with the diced tomatoes.
-I usually add a tablespoon or two of chili powder to give the chili some heat, but you can adjust this to your liking. Start with less and add more if you want it spicier.
-Be sure to taste the chili before serving and adjust the seasoning as needed. I usually add a little salt and pepper at the end.
Conclusion & Recipe:
If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty chili recipe that’s easy to make, this is the one for you! This slow cooker chili is packed with flavor and has just the right amount of spice. It’s thick, rich, and perfect for a cold winter day. Serve it with some fresh bread or cornbread and you’ve got a meal that everyone will love.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 2 lb lean Ground Beef 90/10, 93/7
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp cumin Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried egano
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 15 oz Black Beans drain and rinse
- 30 oz kidney bean two 15oz cans. Drained and rinsed.
- 30 oz tomatoes diced with their juice
- 10 oz diced tomatoes & green chilis together with their juice
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the beef for about 4-5 minutes. Use a spatula to break it up.
- Toss the onion into the skillet. Cook until tender (4-5min). Add minced garlic and seasonings, cumin, chili, garlic powder and dried oregano. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring regularly. Transfer to a 6-Quart Slow Cooker
- In the slow cooker, add remaining ingredients: rinsed beans and drained beans, diced tomatoes, tomatoes with their juice, and diced green chilis. Stir together, and cook on high or low for 3-4 hours. Make sure to season the dish as you like it.