Takeout can be tasty, but it isn’t always the healthiest choice. What if you could make something that tastes just as good – or better – than takeout in a fraction of the time? In this article, we’ll show you how to make a delicious fried rice dish that’s even better than takeout – and ready to eat in only 20 minutes!
Takeout fried rice is a popular dish, but it can be expensive and unhealthy. This homemade version is not only cheaper, but it’s also healthier and just as delicious!
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make fried rice recipe that’s better than takeout, look no further! This recipe is packed with flavor and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover rice.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy fried rice recipe, look no further! This dish is packed with flavor and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Plus, it’s much healthier than takeout!
To make this dish, start by cooking some rice. I like to use brown rice for extra nutrition, but you can use white rice if you prefer. Once the rice is cooked, add in some vegetables. I used peas and carrots, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Next, add in the protein of your choice. I used chicken, but shrimp or tofu would also be delicious. Finally, stir in some soy sauce and sesame oil for flavor.
That’s it! This easy fried rice recipe is sure to become a new weeknight favorite. Serve it with a side of steamed broccoli or a simple salad for a complete meal.
1. Make sure to cook the rice ahead of time so it’s nice and dry. If it’s too wet, the fried rice will be mushy.
2. To get that authentic takeout flavor, use a good quality soy sauce.
3. Be generous with the garlic and ginger – they really make the dish!
4. Use a wok or large skillet for frying the rice so everything gets nicely coated in the oil and cooks evenly.
5. Don’t be afraid to add in some extra veggies – they’re healthy and will bulk up the dish.
6. And finally, make sure to give everything a good stir before serving so all the flavors are well mixed together.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Takeout fried rice is a popular dish, but it can be expensive and unhealthy. Homemade fried rice is a great alternative that is cheaper and healthier. It is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Give homemade fried rice a try the next time you’re craving takeout!
Better than takeout fried rice
- 3 Tbsp butter split
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 small chopped white onion
- Three cloves of garlic minced
- 4 to 5 cups of rice cooked and chilled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce * and more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet/wok to medium heat. I've tried both a nonstick skillet and a regular skillet but I prefer the nonstick one for this rice. 1 tbsp. Add 1 tbsp. of butter to the pan. After the butter has melted add the lightly beaten eggs. Allow them to cook for 30-40 seconds, or until they are set. Then scramble the eggs. When the eggs have been cooked through, take them out and set them aside.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onion and carrot to the pan. Cook until the onions are tender. Next, add the garlic to the pan and heat through. The heat should be turned up slightly before adding the rice and peas. The mixture should be cooked for 3-4 minutes. It should then brown slightly. Continue to cook the mixture for another few minutes until it is hot. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Serve immediately