Chicken and Peppers in White Sauce is a delicious dinner. The sauce has a surprise ingredient in it that you just won’t believe !
Chicken and peppers in white sauce is a delicious dinner option that is both easy to prepare and packed with flavor. This dish features chicken breasts cooked in a creamy white sauce, with bell peppers and onions added for extra flavor and color. Serve this chicken and pepper dish over some rice or pasta, and you have a complete meal that the whole family will love.
There are a few reasons why you should try this recipe. First, it is a quick and easy recipe to make. Second, it is a healthy recipe that is low in calories and fat. Third, it is a versatile recipe that can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. Lastly, it is a delicious recipe that your whole family will love.
This dish is so easy and so tasty – it’s a winner all around! Chicken and peppers are simmered in a creamy white sauce, and served over rice or pasta. I like to add a little bit of shredded cheese on top, because everything is better with cheese. 😉
You can use any kind of chicken you like – breast, thighs, whatever you have on hand. And the same goes for the peppers – I’ve used red, green, yellow, and even orange peppers in this recipe. They all work well and taste great.
So if you’re looking for an easy, delicious dinner idea, give this chicken and peppers in white sauce a try!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before beginning this recipe.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces before adding them to the pan.
3. Use a white wine that you would drink when selecting one for this recipe; a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay would be good choices.
4. If you want a little bit of heat in your dish, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
5. Be careful not to overcook the chicken; it should be cooked through but still moist and juicy.
This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy chicken and peppers in white sauce. It is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. The chicken and peppers are cooked in a white wine sauce, which gives the dish a rich and flavorful taste. The dish can be served over rice or pasta, or with a side of vegetables.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Our chicken and peppers in white sauce is a delicious, hearty meal that is perfect for a cold winter night. The chicken is cooked to perfection and the peppers add a nice crunch. The sauce is creamy and flavorful, making this dish irresistible. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes or rice and you have a complete meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Chicken And Peppers In White Sauce
- 4 parts of chicken or 2 pieces of boneless chicken breast. Drumsticks thighs, or a combination
- 1 Green pepper seed removed and cut into pieces
- 1 Red pepper seed removed and cut into pieces
- 1 medium size onion cut into slices
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic jarred
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 box penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oils
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- The first step in the recipe is to saute boneless, skinless chicken chunks in 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks. The skin side down, cook the parts of the chicken until they turn golden brown. The chicken drumsticks and thighs will not cook through in the skillet. Once the chicken pieces are cooked through, take them out of the skillet and place them in a baking dish. Bake the baking dish for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven or until it is done to your liking. Once the chicken pieces are cooked, follow the recipe instructions.
- Place your green and red pepper strips, chopped onion, and minced garlic in a skillet you used to saute the chicken. Set aside the pan. You will use the pan again to drain grease.
- Next, cook the pasta and drain it.
- The cooked boneless chicken chunks (or the baked chicken drumsticks or thighs, if desired) should be returned to the frying pan with the pepper/onion mix and the pasta. Mix the chicken broth, mayonnaise and pepper/onion mixture in a bowl. Pour it into the frying skillet. It may look a bit thin right now, but it will thicken up in a few minutes. Cook the ingredients on medium heat until the sauce thickens. This only takes a few moments.