Are you looking for a tasty and unique dinner recipe that will wow your family and friends? Look no further than Chicken and Peppers in White Sauce! This delicious dish has all the classic flavors of chicken, peppers, and white sauce, but with a surprise ingredient that you won’t believe! Read on to get the full recipe.
In this dish, chicken and peppers are simmered in a creamy white sauce. It’s a quick and easy meal that can be on the table in under an hour. This recipe is perfect for weeknights when you need a satisfying, yet simple dinner. Serve with some crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
If you’re looking for an easy, tasty chicken recipe, you’ll want to try this one. Chicken and peppers in white sauce is a simple dish that is full of flavor. The best part about it is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or when you want a quick meal. It’s also great for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time and reheated when guests arrive. Plus, it’s a healthy option that is low in fat and calories.
Assuming you’re looking for tips specifically related to the recipe at hand, here are a few pro tips to keep in mind when making chicken and peppers in white sauce:
1. Be sure to properly season your chicken before cooking. This will help ensure that the final dish is full of flavor.
2. When cooking the chicken, be sure to cook it until it is fully cooked through. No one wants to bite into a piece of undercooked chicken!
3. To get the best results, use fresh peppers in this recipe. They’ll add a bright pop of color and flavor to the dish.
4. Be careful not to overcook the sauce. You want it to be creamy and flavorful, not watery and bland.
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, this dish is a delicious, easy-to-make, and healthy option for a weeknight meal. The chicken and peppers are cooked in a white sauce that is both flavorful and light. This dish can be served over rice or pasta, or even on its own.
Chicken and peppers in white sauce
- 4 parts of chicken or 2 pieces of boneless chicken breast. Drumsticks thighs, or a combination
- 1 Green pepper seed removed and cut into pieces
- 1 Red pepper seed removed and cut into pieces
- 1 medium size onion cut into slices
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic jarred
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 box penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oils
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- The first step in the recipe is to saute boneless, skinless chicken chunks in 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks. The skin side down, cook the parts of the chicken until they turn golden brown. The chicken drumsticks and thighs will not cook through in the skillet. Once the chicken pieces are cooked through, take them out of the skillet and place them in a baking dish. Bake the baking dish for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven or until it is done to your liking. Once the chicken pieces are cooked, follow the recipe instructions.
- Place your green and red pepper strips, chopped onion, and minced garlic in a skillet you used to saute the chicken. Set aside the pan. You will use the pan again to drain grease.
- Next, cook the pasta and drain it.
- The cooked boneless chicken chunks (or the baked chicken drumsticks or thighs, if desired) should be returned to the frying pan with the pepper/onion mix and the pasta. Mix the chicken broth, mayonnaise and pepper/onion mixture in a bowl. Pour it into the frying skillet. It may look a bit thin right now, but it will thicken up in a few minutes. Cook the ingredients on medium heat until the sauce thickens. This only takes a few moments.