Looking for a delicious comfort food recipe that is sure to be a hit with the whole family? Then look no further than this amazing chicken bacon ranch mac and cheese casserole! With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can create a delicious dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Find out more about this classic-with-a-twist recipe in this article.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese Casserole is the PERFECT easy weeknight dinner! It’s packed with flavor, and it’s so simple to make. Best of all, it’s a one-dish meal, so there’s no need for any side dishes. Just add a salad and you’re good to go!
If you love mac and cheese, but are looking for a new twist on the classic dish, this chicken bacon ranch mac and cheese casserole is for you! The addition of chicken and bacon gives the dish a delicious savory flavor, while the ranch dressing adds a touch of creaminess. This casserole is also super easy to make, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, it’s always a hit with kids and adults alike.
When it comes to making this chicken bacon ranch mac and cheese casserole, there are a few pro tips that you should keep in mind. First, be sure to cook the pasta in the sauce so that it can absorb all of the flavors. This will make for a much tastier dish. Additionally, if you want a bit more of a crunch in your casserole, feel free to add some chopped up bacon or even some crumbled up crackers on top before baking. Lastly, be sure to let the casserole sit for a few minutes before serving so that all of the flavors have time to meld together.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This chicken bacon ranch mac and cheese casserole is the perfect dish for a winter night! It’s creamy, comforting, and packed with flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be easily adapted to your liking. So whether you’re a fan of chicken, bacon, or ranch, this dish is sure to please.
Chicken bacon ranch mac and cheese casserole
- 10 slices bacon diced
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 oz package dried ranch dressing seasoning
- 3 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Large elbow pasta
- Boil pasta for 1 minute just shy of al dente. (See package to find approximate time), drain. To prevent sticking, stir in a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Butter a 3-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Add bacon to a large skillet or dutch oven and cook on MED-LOW heat for about 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate using a slotted spoon. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Turn heat up to MED and add the shredded chicken and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook butter and garlic for about 30 seconds until garlic becomes fragrant. Mix flour with the butter until you have a paste. Slowly add heavy cream and half-and-half, beating vigorously as you do so. Cook, stirring often, for about 3-5 minutes until the liquids have been added to the pot.
- Mix in all the Parmesan cheeses, half the mozzarella and half the cheddar. Stir in the cheese until melted. Next, add cooked pasta, chicken, half of the bacon pieces, and stir.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with the remaining mozzarella, cheddar, bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.