Looking for an easy and comforting weeknight meal that the whole family will love? Look no further than this Chicken Baked Ziti recipe! Made with Parmesan, Ricotta, and Mozzarella cheese, it’s a delicious casserole that is sure to be a hit. Read on to find out how you can make this easy dish in just a few simple steps!
This is the easiest chicken baked ziti recipe you will ever find. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in under an hour. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or to feed a large crowd. The chicken baked ziti is hearty and filling, yet light enough that you won’t feel weighed down.
There are a few reasons why you should try this recipe! First, it is an easy recipe that only requires a few ingredients. Second, it is a healthy recipe that is low in calories and fat. Third, it is a delicious recipe that the entire family will enjoy!
This recipe is so easy and so delicious! I made it for my family and they loved it! The chicken baked ziti came out perfectly cooked and the flavor was amazing. I will definitely be making this again soon!
This recipe is so easy, and it’s also really versatile. You can use any type of pasta you like, and you can swap out the chicken for another protein if you prefer. I also like to add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce for a little bit of heat.
If you want to make this ahead of time, you can assemble everything except for the mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to bake, let it come to room temperature first, then bake as directed adding an extra 10 minutes or so to the baking time.
This chicken baked ziti recipe is so easy that anyone can make it! Just a few simple ingredients and you’re on your way to a delicious meal.
I used rotini pasta for this recipe, but you could use any type of pasta you like. I also used jarred Alfredo sauce to save time, but feel free to use homemade sauce if you prefer.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd. Just increase the amount of pasta and sauce accordingly.
Leftovers reheat well, so feel free to make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week!
Conclusion & Recipe:
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this recipe for chicken baked ziti. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out in the comments below.
Chicken Baked Ziti
- 1 lb. Ziti pasta cooked (reserve 1/2 c pasta water).
- 2 lb. Cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper chili powder optional.
- 32 oz. marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 1 bunch basil chopped chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook the ziti noodles according the package instructions by boiling large quantities of water on the stove. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oils in a nonstick pan on medium heat. Stir in the chopped chicken and seasonings. Cook until the chicken is done. Drain and discard any liquid left in the pan.
- Mix in the marinara and reserved pasta water. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken mixture and sauce to an oven-safe glass baking pan. It is recommended that the dish be at least 4.8 quarts (10x15) in size. This will allow you to store everything.
- Place the cooked ziti noodles over the top. Then, add the ricotta or basil. Combine everything.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Cover with foil. To prevent cheese sticking to foil, spray foil with non stick spray. Bake for 20 minutes while foil is still on. After that, remove foil from the oven and broil for 3-4 minute or until cheese becomes slightly browned and bubbly. Serve with extra red sauce and garnish with more basil. Enjoy! !