Are you craving something hearty, spicy and full of flavor? Look no further than a piping hot bowl of chicken tortilla soup! This Tex-Mex classic is the perfect way to warm up on chilly days or satisfy your taste buds any time of year. With tender chunks of chicken, fresh vegetables, zesty spices and crispy tortillas on top, this soup is an explosion of deliciousness in every bite. So grab your ladle and get ready to savor one of the most satisfying soups around!
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can rival a steaming bowl of chicken tortilla soup. This flavorful soup is packed with tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and crispy tortilla strips. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter day or a rainy night in.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping dish to serve at your next gathering, this chicken tortilla soup is sure to please. Best of all, it can be made in under an hour! So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
When it comes to finding a delicious, hearty soup recipe, look no further than this chicken tortilla soup! Not only is it packed with flavorful ingredients like tender chicken, fresh vegetables, and crispy tortilla strips, but it’s also easy to make and can be on the table in just over an hour. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
1. When cooking the chicken, make sure to cook it thoroughly so that it is safe to eat.
2. Save time by using pre-cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
3. To make the soup more flavorful, add some chopped cilantro to the top before serving.
Conclusion & Recipe:
It’s official, chicken tortilla soup is one of our new favorite recipes! It’s hearty and filling, but doesn’t weigh you down. The perfect comfort food for a chilly night, this soup is packed with flavor and super easy to make. We know you’ll love it as much as we do!
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus additional as necessary for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika sweet or smoked. Add more as necessary for seasoning
- Seasonings: Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 c chopped white onions 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chopped chili chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 1/4 c chopped red bell Pepper
- 1 c fresh canned, or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans canned rinsed, and drained
- 14.5 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes plus juice
- 5 c 1.2 L unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 c sliced corn tortilla strips 1/4-inch thick 2-inch length strips
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- Garnish with 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Step 1: Season the breasts of chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Step 2: Place a large Dutch or large Dutch oven on the stove. Turn the heat to medium.
- Step 3: Heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Step 4: Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Step 5: Place the shredded chicken on a plate.
- Step 6: Add 1 tablespoon oil to the same saucepan and heat it on medium heat.
- Step 7: Add the onions and garlic, and saute for about a minute until fragrant and translucent.
- Step 8: Stir in the cumin, coriander powder, cumin and paprika. Continue stirring for about 30 seconds, or until everything is well combined.
- Step 9: Next, add the jalapenos and chopped chilis. Then saute for one minute.
- Step 10: Add the tomato paste, bell peppers, and corn to the skillet, and saute for about 1 minute.
- Step 11: Add the fire-roasted tomatoes and black beans, shredded poultry, oregano and salt to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Step 12: Let the mixture boil.
- Step 13: Turn down the heat and let the tortillas simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 14: Add the cilantro leaves, lime juice and salt. If necessary, add more salt or pepper.
- Step 15: Pour into bowls, and then top with your favorite toppings.
- Step 16: Enjoy and serve!