Indulging in a delicious slice of chocolate pound cake is one of life’s simplest pleasures. The rich and tender crumb, the decadent cocoa flavor, and the melt-in-your-mouth texture make this classic dessert irresistible. Whether you’re looking to impress your guests at a dinner party or treat yourself to something sweet after a long day, our recipe for chocolate pound cake will not disappoint. So grab your apron and get ready to bake up a storm with us!
Chocolate pound cake is a type of cake that typically contains chocolate in the batter and is leavened with baking powder. It is a popular dessert and can be served plain or with a variety of toppings, such as frosting, whipped cream, or ice cream.
This recipe is for a chocolate pound cake that is simple to make and delicious. It only requires a few ingredients, so it is perfect for those who are new to baking or short on time. The cake is moist and rich, with a deep chocolate flavor. It can be served plain or with a dusting of powdered sugar, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before beginning the recipe.
2. When measuring the ingredients, be precise for best results.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder together before adding them to the wet ingredients.
4. Be careful not to overmix the batter; mix just until combined.
5. Bake the cake in a 9-inch loaf pan for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Conclusion & Recipe:
The chocolate pound cake was dense and not too sweet. The frosting was creamy and had a good balance of chocolate and sweetness. Overall, the cake was moist and had a good flavor.
Chocolate Pound Cake
FOR CHOCOLATE CREAM:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 125 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder 62g
- 2 oz. Good quality semisweet chocolate finely chopped (56g).
- 1/3 cup boiling water 80ml
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (230g)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar 250 grams
- 5 eggs-room temperature
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 4.5 oz. Chop chocolate finely 128g
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 120ml
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces to melt easily. To melt the chocolate completely, place it in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa powder. Use unsweetened, natural cocoa. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes
- Blend butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the chocolate and cocoa mixtures and combine them well.
- Add eggs one at a while, then mix on low speed.
- Add the flour mixture to the salt and mix well.
- To eliminate air bubbles, spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. A dry cake will be formed if you bake your cake too long. There is a very short time between dry, overbaked cake and underdone.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then take it out of the pan. Let it cool completely.
MAKE THE CHCHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces while the cake cools. It will melt faster if it is cut smaller. Put finely chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
- On the stovetop, bring heavy cream to a gentle simmer. It should not boil, as it could cause the chocolate to explode. In a heatproof bowl combine finely chopped chocolate and let it sit for a while before stirring slowly until all the chocolate is melted. Although the ganache may appear very thin initially, it will thicken over time.
- Spread it on cooled cakes once it reaches a spreadable consistency.