Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option? Look no further than this chunky monkey banana baked oatmeal! Not only is this recipe full of healthy fats from coconut & walnuts, but it’s also naturally sweetened with bananas and pure maple syrup. Find out how to make this easy, yummy dish in the article below!
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal is a delicious and easy breakfast recipe that will start your day off right! This oatmeal is filled with ripe bananas, chocolate chips, and nuts for a flavor and texture combination that can’t be beat. Plus, it’s baked in the oven so you can enjoy a hot breakfast without all the fuss.
There are a few things that make this recipe special. First, it’s made with real bananas. You can use any type of banana you like, but I prefer to use ripe bananas because they’re sweeter and add more flavor to the oatmeal. Second, the oatmeal is baked in the oven, which makes it extra fluffy and delicious. Third, this recipe is really easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
So why should you try this recipe? First, it’s a great way to start your day. It’s healthy, filling, and packed with nutrients. Second, it’s perfect for those mornings when you want something warm and comforting but don’t have a lot of time. And third, it tastes amazing! The combination of banana, chocolate, and oats is so good that you’ll want to eat this oatmeal every day.
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious breakfast option, look no further than this chunky monkey banana baked oatmeal recipe! This dish is packed with healthy ingredients like bananas, oats, and almond milk, and it’s perfect for those mornings when you need a little something extra to get you going. Here are a few pro tips to help you make the most of this recipe:
-Use ripe bananas for best results. Ripe bananas will be sweet and easy to mash, making them perfect for this recipe. If your bananas aren’t quite ripe enough, you can place them in a paper bag with an apple or a couple of days to speed up the ripening process.
-Add some protein to the mix. To make this dish even more filling and satisfying, try adding some protein powder or Greek yogurt to the batter. This will also give the oatmeal an extra boost of flavor.
-Experiment with different toppings. This recipe is delicious as is, but feel free to get creative with your toppings. Try adding some chopped nuts or dried fruit for an extra bit of sweetness, or top with a dollop of peanut butter or almond butter for added protein and flavor.
Conclusion & Recipe:
The bottom line is that this dish is delicious, and can easily be made ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast during the week. If you’re looking for something a little different than your usual oatmeal routine, I highly recommend giving this Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal a try!
Chunky Monkey Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (1 1/3 cups mashed banana).
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15 ounce can light coconut milk (about 1 2/3 cup coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded coconut plus 2 tablespoons of topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips Add 2 tablespoons of chopped chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and coconut milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add the oats and baking powder to the bowl. Blend until well combined. Add the shredded coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Mixture in a pan. Smoothen the top. Sprinkle with the reserved shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool in the oven for 10 minutes before slicing into 6 slices. Serve with additional banana slices, maple syrup drizzled and chopped walnuts.