I like this recipe because it is made with cream cheese instead of cream of mushroom soup. Good taste. Enjoy!
Cook time: 20 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 8
1 can(s) mushroom pieces, 6.5 oz
2 clove garlic, minced (1tsp)
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1, 12 oz. pkg large no-yolk egg noodles
1/4 c butter
1/4 c all purpose flour
2 1/2 c milk
1 pkg cream cheese, 8 oz
1 can(s) tuna, packed in water, 12 oz
1 can(s) peas, drained, 15 oz
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 c French’s Crispy Fried Onions to sprinkle on top of casserole
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté mushrooms, garlic, onion and green peppers in a frying pan. Put aside.
2. Cook the noodles in salted water; drain.
3. Melt butter in a large fry pan and blend in flour. Blend together.
4. Add milk slowly, cooking and stirring constantly.
5. When sauce is thick and smooth, blend in cream cheese.
6. Then add cooked noodles.
7. Add the whole can of tuna with water.
8. Add peas.
9. Add peppers, onion and mushrooms combination, the salt and pepper. Mix together.
10. Pour into a large 9 x 12 greased baking dish.
11. Top with sharp cheese.
12. Then sprinkle French onions and Parmesan cheese.
13. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Note: (Be sure to use good tuna). Also, make sure noodles are done before making the sauce. The sauce gets too thick if it sits while waiting for noodles to cook. Make sure the sauce is really creamy before baking, if not it will be too dry when it is baked. To make the sauce more creamy, add more milk to give it a good consistency.