Looking for a tasty way to enjoy veggies? Look no further than these crispy baked zucchini fries! Deliciously crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these zucchini fries are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for dipping in your favorite sauces, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this tasty side dish!
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes. One of the most popular ways to enjoy zucchini is by frying it. While fried zucchini is delicious, it can be quite unhealthy. Baked zucchini fries are a great alternative to fried zucchini. They are just as crispy and delicious, but much healthier for you.
Baked zucchini fries are easy to make at home. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. The first step is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, wash your zucchinis and cut them into fry-sized pieces. Next, dredge the zucchini fries in some flour or bread crumbs. This will help them get nice and crispy when they bake. Finally, bake the fries for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy your baked zucchini fries with your favorite dipping sauce. They make a great appetizer or side dish.
Assuming you’re referring to the recipe itself and not some greater dish, there are a few reasons why someone might want to try this recipe for zucchini fries. For one, it’s a healthier alternative to traditional fried foods. These zucchini fries are baked, not fried, so they won’t be as greasy or high in calories. Additionally, this recipe is fairly simple and doesn’t require any special ingredients, so it’s easy to follow. Finally, these zucchini fries are bound to be crispy and delicious – who wouldn’t want to try them?
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F before getting started on the zucchini fries. This will help ensure that they get nice and crispy in the oven.
2. Cut the zucchini into thin, fry-like strips before coating them in the batter. This will help them cook evenly and get nice and crispy all over.
3. Use a high-quality olive oil or vegetable oil for frying. This will help to prevent the zucchini from sticking to the baking sheet and also ensure that they get nice and crispy.
4. Make sure to drain the zucchini well after coating them in the batter. This will help to prevent them from becoming soggy in the oven.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
Conclusion & Recipe:
After trying out several methods for making baked zucchini fries, we’ve found that the key to getting them nice and crispy is to coat them in a mixture of cornmeal and Parmesan cheese before baking. This gives them a crunchy exterior that’s hard to resist.
We’ve also found that it’s important not to overcook the zucchini, as this can make them soggy. The best way to tell if they’re done is to insert a fork into one of the larger pieces- if it goes in easily, they’re ready to come out of the oven.
So there you have it- our guide to making perfect crispy baked zucchini fries. We hope you’ll give them a try and let us know how you like them!
Crispy baked zucchini fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs whites or 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour almond meal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese*
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese and salt in a small bowl.
- Each zucchini should be cut in half lengthwise. Then, slice each half into 2 pieces widthwise. Each zucchini slice should be cut into 4 to 6 fries.
- Dip one zucchini slice in the egg wash, and then shake off any excess. Place the zucchini fries coated on a baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini for 10 minutes in the oven. Flip the zucchini and return it to the oven. Bake another 10 minutes or until the zucchini fries are crispy and golden brown. Take out of the oven and immediately serve. These are delicious as is, but you can also pair them with your favorite dip sauce.