Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to make a classic Chinese-American dish at home? Then check out this blog post on crock pot pepper steak! With just a few simple ingredients and a crock pot, you can have a delicious meal simmering away in no time. Read on to find out more about this recipe and how to make it!
If you’re in the mood for a hearty, comforting meal that’s packed with flavor, look no further than this Crock Pot Pepper Steak. This easy homemade version of the classic Chinese-American dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
The best part about this recipe is that it comes together quickly and easily in your slow cooker. Simply brown the beef in a pan, then add all of the ingredients to the crock pot and let it do its thing. In just a few hours, you’ll have a delicious meal that’s perfect for a weeknight or weekend dinner.
So if you’re looking for a new Crock Pot recipe to try, give this Crock Pot Pepper Steak a go. You won’t be disappointed!
There are a few reasons why you should try this recipe for Crock Pot Pepper Steak. First, it is an easy way to make a classic Chinese-American dish. Second, it is a great way to use up leftover steak. Third, it is a healthy and hearty dish that is perfect for a winter night. Finally, it is a delicious dish that your whole family will love.
When it comes to making pepper steak in a crock pot, there are a few pro tips to keep in mind. First, be sure to brown the meat before adding it to the crock pot. This will help to ensure that the meat is cooked evenly and that it picks up all of the flavor from the spices and other ingredients.
Another pro tip is to add a little bit of cornstarch to the sauce before serving. This will help to thicken it up and make it even more delicious. Finally, be sure to serve this dish over rice or noodles for the ultimate comfort food experience.
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, this Crock Pot Pepper Steak is an easy homemade version of the classic Chinese-American dish that is sure to please. It is full of flavor and can be made in a matter of minutes. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- 2 lb sirloin cut into 2-inch by 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil canola oil or another neutral oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- Divide 1/4 cup with 2 tablespoons of water.
- 2 green bell peppers sliced and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Core 2 red yellow or orange bell peppers and then cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 15- ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes in the juices
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce with additional flavor
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepperflakes plus additional to taste
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- Ready-to-eat brown rice Quinoa or cauliflower rice
- Mix the beef with the garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Cook the beef on all sides for 5 minutes. Transfer the beef along with any juices to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the onions to the skillet that you used for the beef. Turn the heat up to high. Add 1/4 cup of water and stir to remove any browned bits from the pan. After 3 minutes, saute the onions until they are softened and slightly browned. Once the liquid is absorbed, transfer the onions to a slow cooker along with the beef.
- Add the green and red bell-peppers (see the recipe note) to the slow cooker. Mix together the honey, Worcestershire sauce and honey in a small bowl. Put the mixture into a slow cooker.
- Cook the beef on LOW for 6-7 hours or until tender.
- To make a slurry, combine the remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. The slurry should be added to the slow cooker. To thicken the sauce, turn the slow cooker on HIGH. Cover it and cook for 10 minutes. Although the pepper beef will be still a little bit saucy, it should become a thick, rich gravy. Stir once more. Add salt, soy sauce, or red pepper flakes to your taste. Serve warm with brown rice, prepared brown rice, and green onions.