Are you a fan of Mexican cuisine but dread the mess and hassle of frying up chile rellenos? Well, fear no more! We’ve got an easy and cheesy solution for you – our favorite No-Fry Chile Relleno Casserole recipe. Packed with all the delicious flavors of traditional chile rellenos, this dish is a simple yet satisfying way to satisfy your cravings without the fuss. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up something deliciously cheesy!
This casserole is a twist on the classic chile relleno dish and it is so easy to make! We love it because it is packed with flavor and it is a great way to get your fix of Mexican food without having to fry anything. The best part about this dish is that it can be made ahead of time, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
One of the best things about this dish is that it is so easy to make. You don’t have to be a master chef to create a delicious and satisfying meal. This casserole is also a great option for those who are trying to avoid deep frying. By using oven-baked poblano peppers, you can still enjoy all the flavor of a traditional chile relleno without all the added fat.
If you love chile rellenos but don’t want to go through the hassle of frying them, this no-fry chile relleno casserole recipe is for you! This dish is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Plus, it’s packed with flavor and cheesy goodness. Here are a few pro tips to help you make the perfect no-fry chile relleno casserole:
1. Use fresh ingredients: This recipe calls for fresh poblano peppers, but you can also use frozen or canned peppers if necessary. Just be sure to drain and rinse them well before using.
2. Pre-cook the peppers: To ensure that your peppers are cooked through, we recommend pre-cooking them in the oven or on the stovetop before adding them to the casserole. This will also help to soften them up so they’re easier to stuff.
3. Stuff the peppers generously: Be sure to stuff each pepper with plenty of cheese and filling. We like to use a combination of shredded cheese and cream cheese for extra richness and creaminess.
4. Top with more cheese: Once your casserole is assembled, top it with even more shredded cheese. This will help create a nice, bubbly, and cheesy top layer that’s absolutely irresistible.
5. Bake until hot and bubbly: Bake your casserole until it’s hot and bubbly all the
Conclusion & Recipe:
We hope you enjoyed our no-fry chile relleno casserole recipe! This dish is easy to make and full of flavor. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional chile rellenos, this casserole is a great option. Thanks for reading!
Chile Relleno Casserole
- 6-8 large poblano peppers see note
- 2 cups fresh shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For serving sour cream, salsa and fresh chopped cilantro are recommended.
- Pre-heat the oven's broiler. Set the rack about 6 inches away from the heat source. Aluminum foil can be used to line a baking sheet. Place the peppers on the baking sheets and roast them for 10-15 minutes. Use tongs to flip the peppers occasionally.
- Allow the roasted peppers in a bag to cool for 10 minutes. When they are cool enough for handling, remove the skin and cut the stems. Once the seeds have been removed, you can open the peppers up to reveal their interior.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 3-quart baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place half the roasted chilies in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar and 1 cup Jack cheese on top. Repeat the process for each layer.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and flour in a large bowl. Add the onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Spread the mixture evenly over cheese and chiles.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Let cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Cut into small squares. Serve with a dollop or salsa and fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!