Are you looking for a delicious, easy-to-make doner kebab recipe that will make your mouth water? Then look no further! This blog article will show you how to make a homemade version of the classic Turkish dish, Doner Kebabs. Get ready for a flavor-filled meal that’s bursting with exotic flavors from an easy marinade and hand-picked seasonings!
If you’re looking for an easy homemade doner kebab recipe, look no further! This dish is traditionally made with lamb, but you can also use beef or chicken. The meat is cooked on a rotating spit and served with pita bread, salad, and yogurt sauce.
Doner kebab is a popular street food in Turkey and other parts of the Middle East. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and it’s easy to make at home. Here’s our step-by-step guide to making your own doner kebab.
First, you’ll need to cook the meat. Traditionally, doner kebab is made with lamb, but you can also use beef or chicken.
Next, slice the meat into thin strips. Then, assemble the kebabs by skewering the meat strips onto metal or wooden skewers.
Now, it’s time to cook the kebabs. You can grill them over charcoal or heat them up in a grill pan on the stovetop. Cook them for about 5 minutes per side, or until they’re browned and cooked through.
Once they’re cooked, remove the kebabs from the skewers and let them cool slightly before serving. Serve the kebabs with pita bread,
There are a few reasons why you should try this recipe for homemade doner kebab. First, it is a relatively easy recipe to follow and doesn’t require any special equipment or ingredients. Second, the doner kebabs come out tasting very similar to those you would get at a restaurant, but are much cheaper to make at home. Finally, this recipe is a great way to use up leftover meat or vegetables that you have on hand.
If you’re looking for an easy homemade doner kebab recipe, look no further! This recipe is simple to follow and produces delicious, authentic-tasting kebabs.
Here are a few pro tips to help you get the most out of this recipe:
1. Use good quality meat.
2. Marinate the meat overnight. This will help to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor. Simply combine your chosen meat with some olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and any other desired spices in a large bowl or zip-top bag. Let it sit in the fridge overnight before proceeding with the recipe.
3. Preheat your grill or broiler before cooking the kebabs. You want to cook the kebabs over high heat so that they get nice and charred on the outside while remaining juicy on the inside. If you don’t have a grill or broiler, you can cook them under the oven’s broiler setting. Just be sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!
4. Serve with some traditional accompaniments. Doner kebabs are typically served with rice or bulgur wheat, salad, and yogurt sauce (tzatziki)
Conclusion & Recipe:
To conclude, this easy homemade doner kebab recipe is definitely worth a try! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also much healthier than takeout. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of prep time, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy meal that will satisfy your cravings.
Easy homemade doner kebab recipe
- CHICKEN AND MARINAS
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken legs cut in half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp each ground cumin ground coriander, and smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp EACH garlic powder onion paste, chili Powder, salt and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon cayenne pepper and pepper
- GARLIC YOGURT SAUCCE
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped finely parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin ground coriander and pepper
- PLATES and WRAPS pick your favorite
- Lebanese bread/flatbread/pita loaf warm
- 1 recipe Hummus or shop-bought.
- Finely sliced Romaine and iceberg lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes Roma or halved tomatoes, sliced, quartered
- English cucumber cut and quartered
- Red onion quartered thinly sliced
- Spiralized carrots
- chili sauce I use sriracha
- Rice - For plates
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Stir in the chicken halves. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- GARLIC YOGURT SAUCCE
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Garlic Yogurt Sauce ingredients. Allow to chill until ready for use. You can make the sauce as soon as you begin marinating the chicken, or wait at least one hour before cooking it.
- For each kebab, use 2 skewers. Thread one side of your thigh onto each stick and then the opposite side. Slide the chicken down to the bottom (see video or photos in post). Continue with the other half of the chicken and push the chicken against one another. Continue to make another kabob using the rest of the chicken.
- TO GRILL
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat Grease grates with oil.
- After kebabs are hot, grill them for about 4-5 minutes. Flip the kebabs and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over. Cover and reduce heat to ensure it remains at 400°F with the lid closed. Cook the chicken for approximately 5-10 minutes more per side, turning once. Let cool off on the grill for 5 minutes before carving.
- To warm up, you can add flatbread to your grill.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil. The foil will allow you to place the metal skewers on top of the pan, so that the chicken is in the middle.
- After 30 minutes at 400°F, turn the kebabs upside down. Pour the pan juices over the chicken. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165°F. Once again, brush with the pan juices. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before you begin carving.
- WARM FLATBREAD
- Wrap the flatbread in foil, and bake in the oven. Warm the flatbread for 8-10 minutes, or until it is firm and warm. Use oven mitts to remove the cake from the oven.
- Place the skewers on a cutting board. Slice the chicken thinly.
- DONER KEBAB WEARS
- Spread a generous amount hummus on warmed flatbread. Add shredded lettuce, tomatoes and red onions, as well as chicken, to the flatbread. If you prefer heat, drizzle with sriracha. A little goes a very long way.
- DONER KEBAB PLATES
- Place chicken on a platter with the desired accompaniments: shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onions, curried rice (see note), and garlic yogurt sauce, Sriracha, or hummus.