Looking for an easy, comforting meal that will leave your family delighted? Look no further than this delicious slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe! With minimal prep time and the simple use of canned biscuits and cream soups, you can have a homemade-tasting dish that everyone will love. Read on to find out how to make it!
This is the best slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe! It’s so easy to make and the result is a delicious, hearty meal that the whole family will love. The chicken and dumplings are cooked in a creamy sauce made with chicken broth, milk, and flour. This dish is perfect for a winter night or any time you want a comforting meal.
There are a few reasons why you should try this easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe. First, it’s a great way to use up leftover chicken. Second, it’s an easy and relatively hands-off dish to make. Third, it’s hearty and filling – perfect for a winter meal. Lastly, it’s just plain delicious! The dumplings are light and fluffy, and the chicken is cooked in a rich, flavorful broth. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for an easy yet tasty meal.
This easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe is the perfect comfort food for a winter night. The best part about this dish is that it’s so easy to make! Simply throw everything into the slow cooker and let it do its thing.
Here are some pro tips to help you make the perfect easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings:
1. Be sure to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. They will cook through more evenly and produce more tender results.
2. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces before adding it to the slow cooker. This will help it cook faster and more evenly.
3. Don’t forget to season the chicken with salt and pepper before adding it to the pot. This will give it plenty of flavor.
4. Use frozen or fresh dumplings for this recipe – whichever you prefer! If using frozen, there’s no need to thaw them first – just add them straight from the freezer to the pot.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the dumplings are tender (cooking times may vary slightly depending on your slow cooker).
6. Serve hot, topped with some chopped fresh parsley if desired
Conclusion & Recipe:
After trying this recipe, I have to say that it is definitely worth the effort! The chicken and dumplings came out perfectly cooked and full of flavor. This dish is definitely comfort food at its finest. I will definitely be making this again soon!
easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. Cubed chicken breasts
- 10.5 oz. Cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 oz. Cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 14.5 oz. 14.5 oz.
- 2 carrots cut about 2 cups after they have been sliced.
- 2-3 ribs of celery sliced (about 2 cups after they have been sliced).
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. 1/2 tsp.
- Optional: 1 cup frozen peas
- 16.3 oz. Pillsbury Grand Biscuits 8 biscuit-sized can Note: I only use 7 Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- Sprinkle more pepper and thyme on top of the biscuits
- In a slow cooker, add chicken, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme and black pepper.
- Mix the cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup with water. Stir.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW 8 hours.
- If you wish, add peas at the end. Stir.
- This recipe calls for 7 biscuits. Divide the biscuits in quarters. Place the quartered biscuits in an even layer over the soup.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the dumplings. Cover with a lid.
- Set your slow cooker on HIGH
- Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes. When the dumplings become dull and glisteny, you will know they're done.
- NOTE: If the slow cooker is heating up after cooking, you'll need to cook the dumplings in the slow cooker for 1.5 hours to get it back to room temperature.