Who doesn’t love a slow cooker recipe? It’s quick, easy and always turns out delicious! This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore recipe is perfect for getting dinner on the table in no time at all. Filled with juicy chicken thighs, rich tomato herb sauce, olives and lots of extra veggies – this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Find out how to make it now!
This chicken cacciatore recipe is an easy, one-pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, and garlic, and it’s finished with a splash of white wine and freshly chopped parsley. Serve it over a bed of cooked pasta or rice for a complete meal.
There are several reasons you should try this recipe for slow cooker chicken cacciatore. First, it’s an easy recipe to follow and the ingredients are readily available. Second, the dish is hearty and filling, yet light enough that it won’t weigh you down. Third, it’s a great way to use up leftover chicken or cook a whole chicken in one go. Finally, the leftovers reheat well so you can have them for lunch or dinner the next day.
This recipe is so easy and the chicken comes out so moist and tender. I just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and let it cook all day. The house smells amazing when I come home from work!
This dish is all about the chicken, so be sure to use bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs. This will give the dish more flavor and make it more moist.
If you want a really rich sauce, add a bit of heavy cream at the end. Just a few tablespoons will do.
If you’re looking for some extra veggies, feel free to add in some mushrooms, zucchini, or bell peppers. Just chop them up and add them in when you would add the tomatoes.
Chicken cacciatore is an easy, flavorful dish that can be made in a slow cooker. This recipe is a great way to use up chicken breasts or thighs, and the resulting meal is hearty and satisfying. Serve over pasta or rice, with a side of crusty bread for mopping up the delicious sauce.
easy slow cooker chicken cacciatore
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pure tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add a pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse Kosher salt div.
- 6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs Skin Removed
- 1/2 cup chopped Olives such as pitted Italian olives
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell Pepper finely chopped
- 4 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- In a large slow cooker, combine tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika and Italian seasoning with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place the chicken on a piece of parchment. Sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the chicken, separating into pieces to coat.
- In the slow cooker, place the chicken. Add any additional spices to the parchment.
- Layer olives, onion bell pepper, mushrooms, and other ingredients on top.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn it down to low for 6 hours
- Once the timer sounds, take out the chicken from the cooker. If possible, keep the thighs intact.
- In the vegetable mixture, stir in the rosemary and 1 teaspoon of salt. Serve the sauce and vegetable mixture with the chicken.