Are you tired of the same old dinner recipes? Looking for something new and delicious that won’t break your diet? Then look no further than this delightful Italian dish! In this article, we’ll be exploring the delectable Skinny Eggplant Rollatini. From preparation to baking, learn how to make this yummy meal for yourself at home.
Looking for a delicious Italian dish to try at home that’s also gluten free? Look no further than this eggplant rollatini recipe! Eggplant is thinly sliced, then rolled up with a ricotta and spinach filling before being baked in a tomato sauce. Serve with some crusty bread and you’ve got a meal that the whole family will love.
If you’re looking for a delicious Italian dish to try at home that’s also gluten free, look no further than this skinny eggplant rollatini recipe! Eggplant is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and when paired with a healthy tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, makes for a nutritious and satisfying meal. This dish is also relatively easy to prepare, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, who doesn’t love a good excuse to eat more cheese?
If you’re looking for a delicious and gluten free Italian dish to try at home, look no further than eggplant rollatini! This dish is made by stuffing thin slices of eggplant with a ricotta and spinach filling, then rolling them up and baking them in a tomato sauce. Here are some pro tips to help you make the perfect eggplant rollatini:
– Use thin slices of eggplant for the best results. If your eggplant slices are too thick, they’ll be difficult to roll and may fall apart during cooking.
– Be sure to adequately cook the eggplant before stuffing and rolling. Eggplant can be tricky to cook all the way through, so it’s important to give it a head start by pre-cooking the slices in the oven or on the stovetop.
– When stuffing the eggplant rolls, don’t overdo it! A little filling goes a long way, so use just enough to generously fill each slice of eggplant without making it too difficult to roll.
– And finally, don’t forget the sauce! A good tomato sauce is key to making this dish complete. Serve your eggplant rollatini with plenty of sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Conclusion & Recipe:
If you’re looking for a delicious, gluten-free Italian dish to try at home, eggplant rollatini is a great option! This dish is made by stuffing thin slices of eggplant with a ricotta and spinach filling, then rolling them up and baking them in a tomato sauce. It’s a healthy, hearty meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Gluten Free Skinny Eggplant Rollatini
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup reduced fat ricotta 9 oz/ 250 g
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella divided into 1/2 cup and 1 Cup
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shredded
- 9 oz frozen spinach/250 g. Thaw and squeeze to extract as much liquid as you can.
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic germ removed minced
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 cup tomato passata or marinara
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise. Place 12 slices of eggplant on a baking sheet. Depending on how big your oven is, you may need two baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then take it out of the oven and let cool.
- While the eggplants cook, make the ricotta/spinach mix. In a bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella ( 1/2 cup), parmesan, spinach, egg and garlic. Season to taste.
- Place 1/2 cup tomato sauce in the bottom of a large baking pan.
- Spread the ricotta/spinach mixture evenly on an eggplant slice (about 2 heaping tablespoons). Roll it up and place seam-side down in prepared dish. Continue with the remaining eggplant.
- Sprinkle remaining tomato sauce (1/4 cup) on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then cover with foil. Bake for 15 more minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool in the oven.