Are you looking for a classic dessert that’s quick and easy to make? Look no further than Gooey Butter Cake! This delicious dessert has been around for decades, and it’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. Read on to find out how to make this ooey, gooey treat with just a few simple ingredients!
Gooey Butter Cake is a type of cake that originates from the United States. It is made with a buttery dough and usually has a cream cheese or pudding filling. The cake is often dusted with powdered sugar or served with fruit.
Gooey Butter Cake is believed to have originated in the city of St. Louis, Missouri. The cake became popular in the 1980s and has since been embraced by people all over the world. Gooey Butter Cake is often served at special occasions such as birthdays and weddings.
This recipe is a gooey, buttery, cake that is sinfully delicious. It is perfect for any occasion, whether you are looking for an easy dessert to make for a potluck or want to show off your baking skills to friends and family. This cake is sure to please everyone!
There are a few things to keep in mind when making this cake so that it turns out perfectly gooey and buttery every time. First, make sure to use room temperature ingredients so that the butter mixes evenly with the rest of the batter. Secondly, don’t overmix the batter – mix just until everything is combined. Overmixing will result in a tough cake. Finally, bake the cake until it’s golden brown and set in the middle – this will ensure that it’s cooked all the way through while still being nice and gooey. Follow these tips and you’ll be rewarded with a delicious, gooey butter cake every time!
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, this Gooey Butter Cake recipe is a must-try! It’s so easy to make and the end result is an incredibly moist, flavorful cake that will have everyone asking for seconds. Be sure to use a good quality butter and cream cheese for best results. Serve this cake with a dusting of powdered sugar or your favorite ice cream flavor. Enjoy!
Gooey Butter Cake
- Butter to grease
The Cake Layer
- 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix just for the cake mix.
- 1/2 cup butter melted.
- 2 large eggs room temperature
For the Filling Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered Sugar plus additional for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish (be sure to grease all edges and corners).
- Prepare the cake layer. The mixture should be pressed into the bottom of the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- The filling layer is made by wiping out the bowl. Add the cream cheese to the bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add one egg at a while until all are fully incorporated. Blend in the vanilla and then add the powdered sugar, one cup at a stretch, until it is all combined.
- Place the filling layer on top of the cake layer in the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes on the middle/center rack, or until edges are golden brown. The center will still be jiggly. You should check it 5-10 minutes before you think it's done.
- Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- PRO TIP: Spray your cake with some cooking spray to prevent it from sticking to the knife. Wipe it dry with a towel between cuts. Take your time and cut slowly.