Are you looking for a tasty way to use up some of your leftovers? Look no further! In this article, we’ll be exploring one of the tastiest dishes out there – potato croquettes. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also super easy to make at home. Read on to discover how you can whip up a batch of these tasty treats in no time!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, look no further than these potato croquettes! They make the perfect side dish or snack, and can be easily customized to your taste. Plus, they’re super easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s why you should try this recipe:
1. It’s an easy way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
2. The croquettes can be easily customized to your taste.
3. They’re super easy to make at home.
4. They make a great side dish or snack.
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes are as nostalgic or satisfying as a good ol’ fashioned potato croquette. These little patties of fried goodness are usually made with leftover mashed potatoes, making them the perfect way to use up those odds and ends in your fridge. But even if you don’t have any mashed potatoes on hand, these croquettes are easy to make from scratch.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to use up your leftover mashed potatoes, look no further than these potato croquettes! This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, or for entertaining guests. Here are some pro tips to make the most of this recipe:
– For extra crispiness, coat the potato croquettes in breadcrumbs before frying.
– If you want to cut down on the frying time, you can bake the croquettes in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
– Serve these croquettes with your favorite dipping sauce, or try them topped with sour cream and chives.
If they don’t hold together, add a little flour. Your pan will determine the oil level. They shouldn’t be fully submerged in oil but should have enough oil to crisp them all around.
Conclusion & Recipe:
When it comes to leftover magic, there’s no dish more versatile than the potato croquette. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer or a hearty side dish, these little fried balls of mashed potatoes are sure to hit the spot. And best of all, they’re incredibly easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
So next time you find yourself with some leftover mashed potatoes, don’t hesitate to give these delicious croquettes a try. You won’t be disappointed!
How To Make Delicious Potato Croquettes At Home
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup finely diced Ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and more for your hands
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil to fry
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, cheese, garlic powder and 1/2 cup flour. Mix everything together using a wooden spoon.
- Lightly flour your hands, then divide the potato mixture into 16 flat discs measuring about half an inch in thickness. TIP: Use a cookie scoop for perfectly uniform portions.
- In a large skillet with a thick bottom, heat oil. (I prefer cast iron if it is available). TIP: You can check if the oil has reached a high enough temperature by adding a few drops water to it. If they start to sizzle, the oil is ready.
- Flip the croquettes once more, and fry them in batches for about 4 minutes each side, until they are golden. Transfer the croquettes to a paper towel-lined plate. TIP: Don't crowd the pan. Leave enough space between each croquette to crisp them all around.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before you serve.