Are you a fan of Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole? Then you’re in luck! This article will show you how to make your own version at home that tastes just like the restaurant original. Best of all, it’s make-ahead and freezer friendly, so you can always have delicious hash brown casserole ready to go!
This is the best hash brown casserole recipe, and it’s so easy to make! This dish is perfect for a busy weeknight or for entertaining. It can be made ahead of time and frozen, so it’s always ready when you need it.
There are several reasons why you should try this recipe. First, it is a make-ahead dish, so you can prepare it the night before and simply pop it in the oven the next morning. Second, it is freezer friendly, so you can make a batch ahead of time and freeze individual portions for quick and easy meals down the road. Third, this dish is a copycat of Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole, so you know it is going to be good!
Assuming you’re looking for tips regarding the make-ahead and freezing aspects of the dish:
This dish is ideal for making ahead and freezing. Simply prepare the casserole according to the recipe instructions up until the point of baking. Cover tightly with foil or freezer-safe wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake as directed in the recipe.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Assuming you followed the recipe correctly, your hash brown casserole should be nicely golden on top and bubbling around the edges. Let it rest for about 10 minutes to give the sauce a chance to thicken up before serving hot. Enjoy!
Hash Brown Casserole Cracker Barrel Copycat!
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 32 oz. Frozen hash browns thawed*
- 1 stick butter melted
- 10.5 oz. 10.5 oz.
- 16 oz. Sour cream
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions. Allow to soften for five minutes and then put aside.
- Make sure your hash browns are thawed. They will take longer to bake if they are not thawed. To speed up the process, you can freeze them.
- Let them air dry to remove excess water.
- Keep 1 cup cheddar cheese aside
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Put it in a 9x13 casserole dish greased and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes covered.
- Turn heat up to 400°F. Bake an additional 5-10 mins, or until the top is slightly crispy.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.