Get ready for a classic comfort food that’s sure to please both kids and adults – the Meatball Sub Casserole! This one-pan dish combines all the flavors of a great meatball sub, but with easy prep using mostly frozen and pantry items. Get the details on this hearty and delicious meal in this article!
This dish is a delicious, hearty casserole that is perfect for a winter meal. It features ground beef, pork, and lamb meatballs, as well as a variety of vegetables. The casserole is then topped with a cheesy breadcrumb topping.
There are a few reasons you should try this recipe. First, it’s an easy way to get a delicious and hearty meal on the table with minimal effort. Second, it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked meatballs (or even store-bought ones). Third, it’s kid-friendly and sure to please even the pickiest eaters. And fourth, it can be easily customized to your liking – add more or less of any ingredient, swap out the meatballs for another protein, etc. So why not give it a try? You just might be surprised at how much you love it!
Assuming you’re looking for tips specifically related to the recipe:
-If you don’t have time to make your own meatballs, you can use frozen meatballs instead. Just be sure to thaw them before adding them to the casserole.
-For extra flavor, try adding some garlic or onion powder to the meatball mixture.
-If you want a bit of a crunch in your casserole, try topping it with some chopped up bacon or crumbled up sausage.
Conclusion & Recipe:
If you love meatballs, then you’ll love this meatball sub casserole! It’s a hearty and satisfying dish that’s perfect for a winter night. The best part is that it’s easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. So whether you like your meatballs with lots of sauce or just a little, this dish is sure to please.
Meatball Sub Casserole
- Refrigerated biscuits 1 to 8 counts
- 14 oz bag frozen Italian Style Meatballs thawed
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley minced (optional-for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Spray a large, oven-safe skillet or 3 qt baking pan with non stick spray. Set aside. Spray one side of an aluminum foil piece with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces by removing the biscuit dough from the can. Place in a greased skillet or bake dish.
- Add marinara sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to the top. Mix seasonings in sauce well and coat dough with sauce.
- Place thawed meatballs on top of the dough. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Cover skillet with foil, spray side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and add the remaining cheese. Bake another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for a few seconds if desired.
- If possible, serve hot with fresh herbs garnished.