Everyone loves a good macaroni salad, and this old-fashioned recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It’s perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks – creamy and delicious, it’s sure to please with its classic flavors. Read on to learn how you can whip up this tasty side dish in no time!
Old-fashioned macaroni salad is a mayonnaise-based salad that includes diced celery, onion, and hard-boiled eggs. It is typically served at picnics and barbecues. This salad can be made ahead of time, which makes it a great option for potlucks and parties.
There are countless reasons to try this recipe – it’s delicious, it’s easy to make, and it’s a great way to use up leftover macaroni. But here are just a few more reasons why you should give this old-fashioned macaroni salad a try:
1. It’s a classic for a reason. This dish has been around for centuries, and there’s a good reason why it’s still popular today. It’s simple, yet flavorful, and can be easily tailored to your liking.
2. It’s perfect for summer gatherings. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue or potluck, this dish is always a hit. It’s light and refreshing, but still filling enough to be satisfying.
3. It can be made ahead of time. This salad is actually even better when made ahead of time, as the flavors have time to meld together. So if you’re looking for an easy dish to prep in advance, this is it!
1. This recipe is best made the day before you plan to serve it, as the flavors have time to meld together.
2. If you want a little extra tang in your salad, add a splash of white vinegar to the dressing.
3. To keep the pasta from absorbing too much dressing, add it to the salad while it is still warm.
4. For a bit of crunch, stir in some chopped celery or red onion before serving.
5. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices in the dressing – dill, parsley, and paprika all work well in this dish.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Old fashioned macaroni salad is a dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It is a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish or main course. Macaroni salad is a great way to use up leftover pasta, and it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. This dish is perfect for summer picnics and potlucks.
Old fashioned macaroni salad
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 4 whole green onions finely chopped (white & green parts).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to your liking
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- For garnish paprika
- Follow the package instructions to prepare the pasta. Drain the pasta under cold water.
- Mix together mayonnaise, celery green onion, mustard and onion powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and cool it. Mix the mayonnaise and add to the pasta. Stir until combined. Gently mix in the chopped eggs. Sprinkle the egg with paprika and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least two hours before serving.