Are you looking for a delicious, easy-to-make weeknight dinner? Look no further – this one pot chicken broccoli rice casserole is the perfect solution! It’s a cheesy, creamy, comforting dish that comes together in one pot on your stovetop. And best of all – it’s packed with tons of nutritious broccoli! Read on to find out how to make this delicious and simple dish.
Looking for an easy and delicious one-pot meal? Look no further than this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole! This hearty dish is made with chicken, broccoli, rice, and a few simple pantry staples. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or meal prep. Plus, it can be made in one pot – less mess for you!
There are a few reasons why this recipe is worth trying. For one, it’s an easy way to get a tasty, home-cooked meal on the table with minimal effort. Additionally, it’s a great way to use up any leftover rice you might have in your fridge. And finally, this dish is packed with nutrients and flavor, making it a healthy and delicious option for any night of the week.
This casserole is so easy to make and can be on the table in no time! Here are some pro tips to make this dish even better:
-If you want a little more flavor, try adding some garlic to the dish.
-To make the dish even healthier, use brown rice instead of white.
-For a creamier casserole, stir in some shredded cheese before serving.
Conclusion & Recipe:
There are many things to love about this One Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. It’s an all-in-one dish that is packed with flavor and nutrition. The rice and chicken are cooked together in one pot, making it a quick and easy meal to prepare. And, the broccoli adds a nice touch of color and nutrition to the dish. This casserole is sure to please the whole family.
one pot chicken broccoli rice casserole
- 2 tbsp 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 500 g 1 lb. Chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2.5 tbsp flour (1 1/2 tbsp. cornflour/cornstarch
- 2 cups 500ml of milk (any brand, I use low-fat milk)
- 2 cups 500 ml chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups 225g, long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or any other herb
- Salt and pepper
- One large head of broccoli. Break it up / Cut into small florets. 400-500g / 14 oz-1 lb.
- 2 cups 200g, shredded cheddar or mozzarella (or any other cheese you choose).
- Finely chopped parsley optional garnish
- Heat butter in a saucepan over high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 1 minute. Cook the chicken until it turns pink to white.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Mix flour with the water and continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- Mix half of the milk into the flour, stirring constantly. Once the flour is incorporated, add the remaining milk to the bowl and stir.
- Add broth, rice and thyme to the pot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix, reduce heat to low, and cover. Reduce heat to medium low, and let cook for 12 minutes.
- Take off lid. There should be liquid at the surface. Add the broccoli quickly. Push it down until it is partially submerged. Cover and continue cooking for 3 minutes more, or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Preheat grill/broiler. Turn off the lid and mix half of the cheese. Don't worry about it looking a little too saucy. The excess liquid will evaporate in a matter of minutes . Smoothen the surface and top it with the remaining cheese. Broil or grill until the cheese is melted. Or, you can place a lid on the pan and let it melt on the stove.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley, if desired