Craving a comforting, flavor-packed dinner that’s easy to make? Look no further than this One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers dish! With just a few simple ingredients and one pot, you can whip up a dinner that your whole family will love. Read on to find out how to make it!
If you’re looking for an easy, one-pot meal that’s packed with flavor, look no further than this spicy Italian sausage and peppers recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this dish comes together quickly and is sure to please the whole family. Serve it over some cooked rice or pasta, and you’ve got a complete meal that’s ready in no time!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, I’m all about anything that can be made in one pot. This One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers is not only incredibly easy to make, but it’s also packed with flavor. The sausage and peppers are cooked in a tomato sauce until they’re nice and tender. Then, the whole dish is finished off with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love, give this One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe a try!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor, this One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe is the perfect option. Here are a few pro tips to make sure your dish turns out perfectly:
-If you can’t find hot Italian sausage, you can use sweet sausage and add some crushed red pepper flakes to give it a little spice.
-Not a fan of peppers? You can leave them out or substitute in another vegetable like mushrooms or zucchini.
-Don’t have time to cook the rice? You can easily substitute in some pasta instead. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This recipe is so easy and only requires one pot! It’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
I used Italian sausage in this recipe, but you could use any type of sausage that you like. I also used bell peppers, but you could use any type of pepper that you like.
If you don’t like spicy food, you can omit the crushed red pepper flakes. This recipe will still be delicious!
Conclusion & Recipe:
Once the sausage is cooked through and the peppers are nice and soft, give everything a good stir and taste for seasoning. If you want a little more heat, add in some red pepper flakes. Serve over some crusty bread or with some creamy polenta.
One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Johnsonville Naturals Light Italian Sausage
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 sweet onions thinly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red bell pepper flakes
- Place vegetable oil in large pan. Heat on medium-high heat. Sausages should be added and cooked until brown on all sides. Put the sausage in a skillet and cook until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and peppers in greased pan. Heat until tender. Cook garlic for 1 minute.
- Slice the sausage into 1 to 1 1/4-inch pieces.
- Place sausage in pan with all other ingredients.
- Cook for 5-10 mins, or until the sausage is well-done and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve on hoagie rolls if desired.