Cook time: 55 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 2 loaves
To make this amazing Bread Recipe you’Il need the following Ingredients:
1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c shortening
1 2/3 c granulated sugar
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 c milk
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp grated orange peel
1/4 c orange juice
1. Combine cream cheese and shortening, creaming well.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
5. Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
6. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Then sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling