If you’re looking for a tasty snack that the whole family will love, then look no further than Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls! This easy-to-make appetizer is sure to be a hit at your next game day gathering or just for an enjoyable treat. Find out in this article how to make these delicious egg rolls with only a few simple ingredients!
For those of you who are not familiar with the Philly cheese steak, it is a sandwich that is traditionally made with thinly sliced beef, grilled onions, and melted cheese on a hoagie roll. The flavors in this sandwich are pretty intense, so I decided to tone it down a bit and put them into egg rolls.
These Philly cheese steak egg rolls are filled with tender slices of beef, gooey cheese, and crispy onions. They are perfect for an appetizer or a main dish. Serve them with a side of ranch dressing or ketchup for dipping.
If you’re looking for a fun and unique twist on the classic Philly cheese steak, these egg rolls are definitely worth trying! They’re easy to make, and they’re always a hit with family and friends. Plus, what’s not to love about gooey cheese and tender steak wrapped up in a crispy shell?
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees before you start cooking the egg rolls.
2. Use a paper towel to help you separate the steak pieces so they fit nicely inside the egg roll wrappers.
3. Cook the steak in a pan over medium-high heat until it is browned and cooked through.
4. Assemble the egg rolls by placing a piece of steak and some cheese inside each wrapper, then rolling them up and sealing them with a little bit of water.
5. Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
This recipe is a fun and easy way to enjoy all of the flavors of a Philly cheese steak in an easy-to-eat egg roll! They are perfect for a party or as an appetizer. I like to serve them with a dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or ketchup.
These egg rolls can be made ahead of time and frozen. Simply place them on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, bake from frozen at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, these Philly cheese steak egg rolls are the perfect party food! They’re easy to make, and they’re sure to be a hit with your guests. Make sure to make enough for everyone to enjoy!
Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups of steak strips
- 1 1/2 green bell pepper thinly chopped
- 1/2 purple onion thinly chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 5 slices Provolone cheese halved
- canola oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- The Sauce
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Place at least 1 inch of canola oil in your pot or fryer. Turn heat to 375°F.
- Butter should be melted in a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook the onions, pepper strips, and garlic until tender. Stir in the steak. Let cool on the stove.
- After cooling, place the egg roll wrapper on a dry surface. Brush the edges with the lightly beaten eggs. The wrapper should be filled with a few strips of steak, onions, and peppers. Top it off with half of a slice provolone cheese. The bottom corner of your wrapper should be folded over the filling. Seal the wrapper by rolling towards the corner.
- Continue with the remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Two to three egg rolls at a time in the hot oil. Turn the egg rolls over and cook for three to five minutes, or until they are golden brown on all sides. Place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- The Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. If you like it stronger, add more horseradish.
- Serve hot egg rolls with a side dish of sauce. Enjoy!