Are you craving a delicious and hearty meal that is both comforting and tasty? Look no further than this mouthwatering chicken and corn mashed potato casserole. Packed with protein, vegetables, and creamy potatoes, this dish will satisfy even the most insatiable appetite. Whether you’re looking for a cozy dinner on a cold evening or want to impress your friends at your next potluck, this recipe is sure to become a go-to in your kitchen arsenal. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
This Chicken and Corn Mashed Potato Casserole is a delicious, hearty dish that will satisfy your cravings. It’s made with potatoes, corn, chicken, and a creamy gravy, and it’s sure to become a family favorite.
If you’re in the mood for something hearty and comforting, this chicken and corn mashed potato casserole is the perfect dish. It’s packed with flavor, and the creamy mashed potatoes make it ultra-satisfying. Plus, it’s easy to make ahead of time, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
This casserole is packed with flavor and sure to satisfy your cravings. Here are some pro tips to make this dish even more delicious:
– Use rotisserie chicken for the easiest prep. Just shred and add to the rest of the ingredients.
– For extra creamy mashed potatoes, use half milk and half sour cream.
– Add a little spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika.
– Top with shredded cheese and green onions for a tasty garnish.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This casserole is the perfect comfort food for any occasion. The creamy mashed potatoes and juicy chicken are topped with a crispy, golden brown cornbread crust that will have your family and friends asking for seconds. Serve this dish with a side of steamed broccoli or green beans for a complete meal.
Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
- My homemade version of mashed potatoes is approximately 5-6 cups.
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 8 Chicken tenders I prefer the homemade version but you can freeze them.
- Brown Gravy can be used in a packet.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Frozen chicken tenders should be left at room temperature for approximately 5 minutes. If you prefer, slice them first. This allows them to soften.
- Place the potatoes in a casserole dish 9 x 13.
- Note If your mashed potatoes have cooled, heat them up first.
- Serve with cheese and corn.
- Cut the chicken into strips and place them on top of the casserole dish.
- If using frozen chicken tenders, bake covered for 20 minutes and for homemade for 15 minutes.
- While the casserole bakes, prepare the gravy over the stovetop.
- Serve the casserole with the gravy you prefer.