If you’re looking for a comforting, crowd-pleasing casserole recipe, look no further than this Sloppy Joe Biscuit Casserole! This tasty dish is packed with flavor and made with easy-to-find ingredients like French’s fried onions, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and Pillsbury biscuit pieces. Ready to get cooking? Read on to find out how to make this delicious meal!
This casserole is a twist on the classic sloppy joe. It is made with biscuit dough instead of the traditional hamburger bun. The result is a delicious and easy to make casserole that your family will love.
There are a few reasons why this recipe is worth trying. For one, it is a fun twist on the classic sloppy joe. The biscuit casserole gives the dish a bit of extra texture and flavor that you won’t find in a traditional sloppy joe. Additionally, this recipe is relatively easy to make and can be easily customized to your liking. Lastly, this dish is perfect for feeding a crowd – whether you’re hosting a party or simply need to make a quick and tasty dinner for your family.
This is a great recipe for a quick and easy casserole. It is perfect for a busy weeknight meal or even a potluck. The best part about this recipe is that it only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. This casserole is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
If you’re looking for an easy, flavorful weeknight meal, look no further than this Sloppy Joe Biscuit Casserole. All you need is a can of sloppy joe mix, some crescent rolls, and a few other pantry staples. And if you want to make things even easier on yourself, you can use pre-made biscuit dough instead of crescent rolls.
This recipe is also super versatile. Don’t like ground beef? Use ground turkey or chicken instead. Don’t have cheddar cheese? Use another kind of cheese or leave it out altogether. Same goes for the onion – if you’re not a fan, feel free to leave it out.
And if you’re feeding a crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Just use a larger baking dish and increase the amount of ingredients accordingly.
Conclusion & Recipe:
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can compete with a good ol’ fashioned sloppy joe casserole. This dish is packed with all of the flavors of a classic sloppy joe, but in an easy to eat (and even easier to make) biscuit form. What’s not to love?
If you’re looking for a hearty, yet simple meal that will please the whole family, look no further than this sloppy joe biscuit casserole. Made with just a few ingredients and ready in under an hour, this dish is sure to become a weeknight staple in your house.
Sloppy joe biscuit casserole
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cups French-fried onions
- 2 cups cheddar and mozzarella cheese mixture
- Pillsbury 12 oz refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter or margarine to taste.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet with the ground beef.
- As the meat cooks, crumble it.
- Once the ground beef has been cooked through, turn off heat and drain any grease.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the ground beef.
- Stir until all of the ground beef has been coated with sauce.
- Stir in the French's fried onions and return to the pan.
- Spread the sloppy Joee mixture in a 9x13 inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese shredded on top.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces by opening the packet of biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on top of the cheese. Space them as evenly as you can.
- Bake the casserole in the oven until the biscuits are golden brown. 22-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy