Looking for an easy, tasty meal to make for the family? Look no further than this recipe for Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken! This delicious dish has all the flavor of your favorite Chinese takeout without having to leave your house! Learn how to make this sweet and savory dish in just a few simple steps.
If you love General Tso’s chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant but don’t love the fried aspect of it, this slow cooker recipe is for you! It’s an easy, healthier version of the popular dish that you can make right at home. And since it’s made in the slow cooker, it’s practically effortless!
There are a few reasons why you should try this recipe for slow cooker general tso’s chicken. First, it is a healthier version of the dish since it is cooked in a slow cooker and does not require any deep frying. Second, it is an easy recipe to follow and can be made with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Lastly, this dish is delicious and will be loved by everyone in your family!
1. If you want your chicken to be extra crispy, you can cook it in the oven for a few minutes before adding it to the slow cooker.
2. To make sure the sauce isn’t too sweet, add a little bit of rice vinegar or lime juice at the end of cooking.
3. If you want a thicker sauce, you can whisk together some cornstarch and water and add it to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking.
Conclusion & Recipe:
The slow cooker general tso’s chicken turned out great! The chicken was moist and tender, and the sauce was flavorful. I will definitely be making this dish again.
Slow cooker general tso’s chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Three cloves of garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper more or less according to your taste
- Additional red pepper flakes garnish green onions and sesame seeds are available.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the cornstarch. Stir until the chicken has been coated with the cornstarch. Cook the chicken in a large skillet on medium heat until it is golden brown. Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
- Mix together hoisin sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add brown sugar, garlic cloves, rice wine vinegar, sesame oils, ginger, crushed red pepper, and rice wine vinegar. Add to the chicken and cook in the slow cooker.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked. *Please see note
- Serve with rice, garnished with sesame seeds, green onions and red pepper flakes.