Who doesn’t love a delicious, home-cooked meal? With this slow cooker orange chicken recipe, you can have an irresistible dish that’s both sweet and tangy on the table in no time. Learn how to make this restaurant-worthy meal with minimal effort and maximum flavor!
There are a few key reasons why you should try this recipe for slow cooker orange chicken. First, it is an easy recipe to follow and can be made with ingredients that you may already have in your pantry or fridge. Second, the end result is a delicious and healthy meal that is packed with flavor. Third, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you do not have time to cook a complicated meal.
This recipe is for a slow cooker orange chicken that is sweet, tangy, and irresistible. It is perfect for a weeknight meal or for entertaining guests. The chicken is cooked in a crockpot with orange juice, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. It is then served over rice and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
When it comes to slow cooker orange chicken, there are a few pro tips that will help you get the most out of this delicious dish. First, be sure to use fresh oranges for the best flavor. Secondly, cook the chicken on low for a longer period of time to keep it moist and juicy. Finally, add some green onions or other fresh herbs for a pop of color and flavor.
This recipe is pretty simple and straightforward, but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, the chicken breasts need to be cut into small pieces so that they cook evenly in the slow cooker. Second, make sure to use fresh oranges for this recipe – both for the juice and for the zest. Third, if you want a little bit of a crunch in your orange chicken, you can add some chopped peanuts or cashews to the dish before serving. Lastly, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you need to feed a crowd.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This orange chicken is everything you could hope for in a slow cooker dish – sweet, tangy and absolutely irresistible. The best part is that it’s so easy to make, thanks to the slow cooker. Just throw all of the ingredients into the pot and let it do its thing. You’ll have dinner ready in no time, with minimal effort on your part. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oils divided
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to your taste
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon ground ginger. Or to your taste
- Finely minced 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed lightly toast if you like. Add to a dry skillet. Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions thinly sliced for garnish
- Orange slices can be used as garnish
- If you have one, line a slow cooker 3 to 6 quart with a liner. Liner are my preferred method of cleaning.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon olive oil on the bottom of your slow cooker or liner.
- Add the chicken to a gallon-sized ziptop bag. Seal bag and turn on to coat. Place chicken in slow cooker until evenly distributed.
- Add the orange marmalade to a 2-cup measuring bowl or medium bowl. Then add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil, ginger (I prefer 1 teaspoon, but some people are sensitive), garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oils. Stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to spread the sauce over the chicken. Make sure that all pieces are covered.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours. Start checking the temperature at 90 minutes if you are cooking on high. If you cook on low, check at 3 hours. Slow cookers are different so cook the chicken until it is cooked (reaches 165F using an instant-read thermometer).
- Serve the chicken on a plate. Add as much cooking sauce as you like, and garnish it with sesame seeds, green onion, or orange wedges.