Are you looking for a delectable, family-favorite side dish to serve up this holiday season? Then you won’t want to miss this traditional southern recipe for chicken and cornbread dressing! This old fashioned dish is incredibly savory, moist and loaded with flavor – perfect for an extra special holiday meal.
When it comes to holiday meals, there’s nothing quite like Southern chicken and dressing. This dish is packed with flavor, and it’s sure to please everyone at the table. Plus, it’s easy to make ahead of time, which means you can enjoy your holiday meal without any stress.
This recipe is a classic southern dish that is perfect for any holiday or family gathering. The chicken is baked to perfection and the dressing is full of flavor. This dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
If you’re looking for tips on how to make the best Southern chicken and dressing, look no further. Here are some pro tips to help you out:
1. Use a good quality chicken. This will make a big difference in the taste of your dish.
2. Don’t overcook the chicken. You want it to be moist and juicy, not dry and tough.
3. Make your own dressing or use a good quality store-bought variety. This will really elevate the flavors in your dish.
4. Use fresh herbs and spices in your dressing and chicken for optimum flavor.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to prepare the dish so that everything comes together perfectly on serving day.
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, this Southern dish is a must-have for any holiday table. It’s a tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation, and it’s a dish that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re a fan of the classic dish or you’re looking for something new, give this recipe a try.
Southern chicken and dressing
- 2 cornbread mixtures in a 12 inch pan
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion chopped
- 3-4 slices of stale white bread heel bits are good
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small chicken rotisserie chicken works well
- Cornbread batter can be made according to the instructions in your cornbread recipe. Bake the batter as directed. Allow cornbread to cool completely in the oven. Shred rotisserie chicken. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375deg Fahrenheit.
- Cornbread and stale bread can be finely chopped. Salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning are added. Combine well. Mix well.
- Add eggs. Use fork or your hands to mix. Use fork or hands to mix in the butter and 1.5 cups broth.
- Put the cornbread dressing in a greased 9x13 pan, or 5 quart casserole dish. Add the remaining chicken broth to the top. Cover the pan with foil or a lid and bake for 25 minutes. Leave it covered for 20 minutes. When the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling, chicken and dressing are done.