Spicy And Flavorful Slow Cooker Jambalaya is an easy, healthy and flavorful family favorite. This meal is so quick to throw together and it’s so full of flavor your whole family will love it.
Jambalaya is a hearty dish that originates from Louisiana. It’s a one-pot meal that’s packed with flavor, and can be made in the slow cooker for easy prep. This jambalaya recipe is made with chicken, sausage, shrimp, and rice, and is seasoned with a mix of Cajun spices. It’s a delicious meal to enjoy any day of the week!
If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty meal that’s easy to make, you’ll want to try this slow cooker jambalaya recipe. Jambalaya is a traditional Louisiana dish that’s packed with flavor. It’s made with sausage, chicken, shrimp, and rice, and it’s seasoned with a variety of spices including cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic. This dish is perfect for a winter night or any time you want a comforting meal. Plus, it’s easy to make in the slow cooker so you can set it and forget it.
This recipe is a great way to spice up your weeknight dinner routine. The jambalaya is packed with flavor, and the slow cooker makes it easy to prepare. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker in the morning, and let it cook all day. When you’re ready to eat, the jambalaya will be waiting for you, hot and delicious.
When it comes to slow cooker jambalaya, there are a few pro tips that can help you make the most of this flavorful dish. First, be sure to brown the sausage before adding it to the slow cooker. This will help to render out some of the fat and give the sausage a nice flavor. Second, don’t be afraid to add a bit more spice to the dish. This is a dish that can handle it! Finally, be sure to let the jambalaya rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will allow all of the flavors to meld together and make for a more enjoyable experience.
This recipe is packed with flavor and spice, thanks to the combination of Cajun seasoning, smoked sausage, and chicken. If you like your jambalaya on the spicier side, feel free to add more Cajun seasoning to taste. This dish is also great for meal prep – leftovers reheat well and taste even better the next day.
Conclusion & Recipe:
Finally, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make a delicious and hearty jambalaya, then you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Simply throw all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it do its thing. In just a few hours, you’ll have a tasty meal that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
Spicy And Flavorful Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 package andouille sausage
- 1/2 pound of uncooked shrimp peeled, de-veined.
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast. Pounded to a uniform thickness
- Three bell peppers one each of red, green, yellow, or orange, diced
- 1 diced white or yellow onion
- 2-3 jalapenos see Note, seeds and stems taken
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth low in sodium
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes 30 oz
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper or to your taste
- Optional toppings: Parsley or cilantro
- Cut sausage into 1/4-inch thick sections. If shrimp tails are still attached, remove them. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix together sausage, chicken, bell and bell peppers, onion and jalapenos. Add minced garlic, tomatoes, cajun seasoning and salt to a greased slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking for another 1-1 hours or until the rice is tender.
- Cover slow cooker and add shrimp. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Mix contents in slow cooker. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and parsley if you like. Serve hot.