Start your mornings off right with this sweet and savory French Toast Casserole! Packed with flavor and topped with fresh berries, this make-ahead breakfast will be a hit with the whole family. Plus, the powdered sugar and maple syrup you can add on top make it even more delicious! Find out more in this article.
This is the best overnight French toast casserole recipe! It’s easy to make, and so delicious with fresh berries and a dusting of powdered sugar. This dish is perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. And it’s great for feeding a crowd!
This recipe is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for a special occasion or busy morning! The casserole can be assembled the night before and baked in the morning. I like to top mine with fresh berries, but you could also use diced fruit, preserves, or even chocolate chips.
This recipe is the perfect way to show Mom how much you care this Mother’s Day. It’s a make-ahead breakfast casserole that’s bursting with flavor, and it can be easily customized to fit her taste. Swap out the berries for her favorite fruits, or add a handful of chocolate chips if she has a sweet tooth. No matter how you make it, this casserole is sure to put a smile on her face.
This casserole is so easy to make and can be prepped the night before. I like to use a combination of fresh berries, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. The key to making this casserole extra special is in the topping. A drizzle of honey and some chopped nuts take it over the top!
Conclusion & Recipe:
There are few things more satisfying than a big plate of French toast, and this casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast to feed a crowd. The casserole can be assembled the night before and popped in the oven in the morning, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the deliciousness. And, of course, don’t forget the fresh berries on top!
Berry French Toast Casserole
- French bread: 12-14 cups
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 - 2 tbsp powdered Sugar
- Maple syrup in any amount you like!
- Use vegetable oil or butter to grease a 9x13 inch casserole. Slice up French bread and place in a casserole. Fill the casserole with as much as you can.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix the mixture well. Pour mixture into casserole.
- Slice strawberries. Serve the casserole with blueberries and strawberries.
- Cover the casserole with saran wrap, and let it cool in the refrigerator for up to four hours.
- Pre-heat oven at 350°F. Bake for 35-50 min. Bake for 35 to 50 minutes. If it isn't done, check at the 35-minute mark.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy with maple syrup!