Craving a comforting and savory meal that is quick and easy to make? Look no further than this delicious French Onion Chicken Casserole recipe! This casserole is packed full of flavor, perfect for busy nights when you don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen. Read on to find out how to make this delicious dish for your family tonight!
This French Onion Chicken Casserole is the best way to get your fix of chicken and French onion flavors in one dish! It’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights or entertaining. The casserole is packed with chicken, onions, mushrooms, and cheese, and is topped with a crispy breadcrumb topping. Serve it with a side of green beans or a salad for a complete meal.
This chicken casserole is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with the whole family! French onion soup mix, cream of chicken soup, and shredded cheese come together to create a delicious and easy-to-make dish.
This French Onion Chicken Casserole is the perfect comfort food for a winter night! It’s easy to make and so delicious. Here are some pro tips to make sure your casserole turns out perfectly:
1. Be sure to use yellow onions in this recipe – they have a sweeter flavor that pairs well with the chicken and cheese.
2. Pre-cook the chicken before adding it to the casserole. This will help ensure that it cooks evenly and stays moist.
3. Use a good quality Gruyere cheese – it really makes a difference in the flavor of the dish!
4. Don’t be afraid to let the casserole brown in spots – this adds flavor and gives it a nice crispy edge.
5. Let the casserole rest for a few minutes before serving, so that all of the flavors can meld together. Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread – Enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or entertaining guests. It is an easy to make, yet impressive dish.
This casserole can be made ahead of time and reheated, or made the day of and served immediately.
If you are short on time, you can use pre-sliced onions. I also like to add a bit of garlic to the dish for extra flavor.
To make this dish gluten-free, simply substitute the bread crumbs for gluten-free bread crumbs or leave them out altogether.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This dish is hearty, savory, and sure to please any chicken lover. The Best French Onion Chicken Casserole is packed with flavorful onions, juicy chicken, and a crispy topping that will have you reaching for seconds.
The Best French Onion Chicken Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts that are boneless and skinless cut horizontally to remove excess thickness.
- 1 or 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- Red crushed chili pepper flakes optional
- Pinch of salt as well as fresh crushed pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Gruyere
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 large onion thinly cut
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- Fresh chopped orsley to garnish
- To bake the French-onion chicken casserole, heat the oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease an 9x12-inch baking plate and set aside.
- Warm butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season with salt. Cook for 5-8minutes or until soft.
- Heat on medium until onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes. Keep stirring until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the fresh minced garlic. Cook for approximately one minute. Let the mixture cool slightly after you turn off the heat.
- Season chicken breasts by adding crushed chili pepperflakes, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic spice. French onion and French cheese come already salted, so it's best to not add salt. Arrange the breasts of chicken in the baking dish.
- 6 Spread caramelized onions onto each chicken breast. Sprinkle the cheese with some salt and pepper and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or longer, depending upon the thickness of your chicken breasts. Broil the cheese for two minutes. To serve, garnish the French onions chicken casserole and add fresh chopped Parsley. Enjoy!