Everyone loves a classic family dinner – and this hamburger steak recipe is sure to be a hit with all ages. Made with simple ingredients, it’s easy to make and full of flavor. Serve it over mashed potatoes or rice for the perfect comfort food dish!
If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty meal that the whole family will love, look no further than hamburger steak in savory gravy. This dish is easy to make and can be served with a variety of sides, making it a versatile option for any night of the week. Plus, who doesn’t love a good burger?
There are several reasons why you should try this recipe for hamburger steak in savory gravy. First, it is a simple recipe that does not require a lot of ingredients or time to prepare. Second, the flavor of the gravy is delicious and will complement the taste of the hamburger steak perfectly. Third, this dish is hearty and filling, making it an ideal meal for the entire family. Lastly, leftovers reheat well so you can enjoy this meal again later in the week.
There are a few things to keep in mind when making this recipe that will help ensure it turns out perfectly every time. First, be sure to use ground beef that is at least 80% lean – any leaner and the burgers will be dry. Second, don’t over-handle the meat when forming the patties; just gently press it into shape. Third, make sure the pan is hot before adding the burgers; this will help them get a nice sear on the outside. Finally, don’t forget the gravy! It really makes this dish special.
Conclusion & Recipe:
There are a lot of things that go into making the perfect family meal. But, for me, the perfect family meal is one that is hearty, filling, and easy to make. And, Hamburger Steak in Savory Gravy fits that bill perfectly. This dish is full of flavor and will leave your family feeling satisfied. So, if you’re looking for the perfect family meal, look no further than Hamburger Steak in Savory Gravy.
Hamburger Steak In Savory Gravy
- Ground beef 1 lb
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish copped parsley
- Mix together the soy sauce, garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl. Add the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Do not overmix. Mix until well combined. Shape into four equal patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the ground beef patties for 4 minutes each side, or until they are browned. (They will brown further in the sauce later). Place the skillet on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter. Cook the mushrooms and onions sliced for 5-6 minutes, or until they are softened and golden.
- Cook the garlic for one more minute.
- Stir the flour into the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and salt to taste. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Place the hamburger steaks in the skillet, along with any juices from the plate. Cover them with the gravy.
- Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to a simmer, and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Cook the sauce for another 10 to 15 mins.
- Garnish with chopped parsley