If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner, look no further than this Cajun Chicken and Rice recipe! This dish is packed with flavor, featuring traditional cajun ingredients and a perfect blend of spices that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, it’s so easy to make – it’ll be ready in just under an hour!
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can beat a good ol’ fashioned chicken and rice casserole. This Cajun chicken and rice recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. And best of all, it only takes one pot!
This Cajun Chicken and Rice Recipe is so easy-and delicious! I should try this recipe because it is an easy way to make a tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy. The rice is cooked in a flavorful broth with spices and chicken, and then the dish is finished off with a delicious cheese sauce. This dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters!
1. Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe-they’ll cook faster and be easier to shred.
2. Cook the rice in chicken broth for extra flavor.
3. Don’t forget the Cajun seasoning! This is what gives the dish its signature flavor.
4. Add some chopped green onions for a bit of color and freshness.
5. Serve this dish with a side of steamed broccoli or a simple salad for a complete meal.
This Cajun Chicken and Rice Recipe is so easy-and delicious! I am always looking for new recipes that are quick and easy to make, and this one definitely fits the bill. It only takes a few minutes to cook the rice, and then you just let the chicken simmer in the sauce until it is cooked through. The result is a flavorful, hearty meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
One thing to note about this recipe is that it calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I usually buy chicken breasts with the bone and skin still attached, as I find them to be more flavorful. However, if you are looking for a quicker cooking time, boneless, skinless chicken breasts will work just fine.
Another thing to note is that this recipe calls for long grain rice. I prefer to use basmati rice in this dish, but you can use whatever type of rice you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if you use a different type of rice.
Finally, this recipe calls for canned diced tomatoes. I prefer to use fresh diced tomatoes when they are in season, but canned diced tomatoes will work just fine in this dish.
Conclusion & Recipe:
The Cajun chicken and rice recipe is so easy and delicious! The flavors are amazing, and the dish is healthy and hearty. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing!
Easy Cajun Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions and bell peppers
- 1 10-oz. Ro-Tel Diced Green Chiles and Tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, combine rice, water (or broth), and salt. Bring to boil. Cover and let simmer for 14 minutes. When done, remove from heat and place in a bowl. Cover with a towel.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces about 1 inch in size. Season the chicken generously with cajun seasoning. One tablespoon of olive oil is all you need to heat a large saucepan or dutch oven on medium-high heat. Once the oil has reached a high temperature, add the chicken to the pan in one layer. After browning one side for about 2 minutes, flip the chicken over and brown the other. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Once the oil has heated up, add the bell peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Mix the bell peppers and tomatoes with the onion, then add in the chicken. Stir in the rice cooked until combined. Stir in the cheese, if desired.