Nothing says comfort food like a classic casserole. And when it comes to casseroles, this French Onion Beef Casserole is definitely the crème de la crème! Filled with beef, French onion dip and noodles- this casserole will be sure to win hearts all around the dinner table. Keep reading to find out how you can make this comforting dish for yourself!
This French Onion Beef Casserole is the definition of comfort food. It’s rich, hearty, and full of flavor. The best part? It’s easy to make and can be on the table in just over an hour. So if you’re looking for a dish to win hearts all around the dinner table, this is it.
This French Onion Beef Casserole is the perfect comfort food dish. It is hearty and filling, and full of flavor. The beef is cooked in a red wine and onion sauce, and then topped with a cheesy Gruyere breadcrumb topping. This casserole is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
Here are some pro tips about this recipe:
-The best cuts of beef to use for this dish are chuck roast or boneless short ribs. They will be fork-tender after cooking in the slow cooker all day.
-Be sure to use a good quality red wine for the gravy. A Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot would be great choices.
-Gruyere cheese is a traditional cheese to use for this dish, but you could also try other types of melting cheeses such as cheddar, Swiss, or even mozzarella.
This recipe is inspired by the classic French onion soup, and makes for a delicious and hearty casserole that is perfect for a winter meal. The beef is cooked in a red wine and onion gravy, and then topped with cheesy croutons, making it a rich and flavourful dish that will definitely satisfy your comfort food cravings. To make things even easier, you can prepare the casserole ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
Conclusion & Recipe:
This French Onion Beef Casserole is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night. The beef is cooked in a red wine and onion gravy, and then topped with melted Gruyere cheese and served over crusty bread. This dish is sure to win hearts all around the dinner table!
FRENCH ONION BEEF CASSEROLE
- 10 ounces dried egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cans each 10.75 ounces condensed cream mushroom soup
- 1 15 ounces jar Lay’s French Onion Dip
- 1 cup French's fried onions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions in large saucepan of boiling water. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat medium-high heat until the ground beef is no longer pink. Get rid of any excess grease.
- To beef in skillet, add soups or French onion dip. Mix all ingredients together. Mix in the cooked egg noodles.
- Mix all ingredients in a pan. Sprinkle the fried onions all over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully heated. Enjoy warm!