Do you want a delicious, comforting meal that’s easy to make and doesn’t involve a lot of dishes? Look no further than this one pot mushroom chicken and rice recipe! It’s full of flavor, creamy and comforting, and all cooked in the same pot – making it the perfect weeknight dinner for busy families. Read on to find out how easy this one pot meal is to make!
This One Pot Mushroom Chicken and Rice recipe is an easy one pot meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight. This dish is full of flavor and only takes a few minutes to prepare. The chicken and rice are cooked in a flavorful broth with mushrooms, onions, and garlic. This dish is hearty and filling, and can be easily made ahead of time.
There are several reasons why you should try this recipe. First, it is an easy one pot meal that can be made in under an hour. Second, it is a healthy and hearty recipe that is packed with protein and vegetables. Third, the leftovers make great lunches or dinners for the next few days. Lastly, this recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook a complicated meal.
This recipe is for a one pot meal that is easy to make and full of flavor. The chicken and rice are cooked in a delicious sauce made with mushrooms, garlic, and chicken broth. This dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend meal.
This One Pot Mushroom Chicken And Rice Recipe Is An Easy One Pot Meal:
Pro Tips about this Recipe:
1. If you want to make this dish even more flavorful, try using chicken broth instead of water.
2. For a creamier dish, you can add some milk or cream to the rice before cooking it.
3. If you want a crispy skin on your chicken, cook it in a separate pan before adding it to the pot.
This One Pot Mushroom Chicken And Rice Recipe Is An Easy One Pot Meal
Notes About This Recipe:
1. This recipe is very easy to make and only requires one pot.
2. You can use any type of mushrooms you like in this recipe. I used baby bella mushrooms, but feel free to use white button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, or any other type of mushroom.
3. If you don’t have chicken broth on hand, you can also use water in this recipe. However, the chicken broth will give the dish more flavor.
4. I used long grain rice in this recipe, but you can also use basmati rice or brown rice.
Conclusion & Recipe:
If you’re looking for an easy one pot meal, this Mushroom Chicken and Rice recipe is a great option. It’s a hearty dish that’s full of flavor, and it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. Plus, it’s a budget-friendly meal that will leave you with leftovers for lunch the next day.
One Pot Mushroom Chicken and Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 6-8 medium button mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth low in sodium
- 1/4 cup heavy cream 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large, oven-safe skillet with a lid.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and then add them to the skillet. Brown the chicken for about 4-5 minutes each side. The chicken will not be done through.
- Take the chicken out of the pan. Drain any grease and leave a tablespoon or two in the pan.
- Stir the garlic, mushrooms, and onions into the pan. Continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Mix the parsley, thyme and salt together. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chicken broth, cream and rice. Reduce the heat to low.
- Place the chicken on top of rice, and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Bake the skillet for 35 minutes in the oven. Continue baking the skillet for 10 minutes more, uncovered, or until the rice becomes tender.