If you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal that is sure to please the entire family, look no further than this Chicken and Potatoes with Dijon Cream Sauce! This one-pot wonder is packed with flavor from Italian seasonings and the tangy bite of Dijon mustard, creating a rich and buttery sauce that’s perfect for any night of the week.
This dish is hearty and comforting, but still light enough to enjoy on a warm spring day. It features chicken and potatoes in a rich dijon cream sauce. The key to this dish is to cook the chicken and potatoes until they are just tender, so they don’t get mushy when you add the sauce. This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated, or made fresh and served immediately. Serve it with a green salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal.
This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients, yet it is full of flavor. The chicken is cooked in a creamy dijon sauce, and the potatoes are roasted to perfection. This meal is sure to please the whole family.
This recipe is so easy and so delicious! I made it for dinner tonight and my family loved it. The chicken was tender and juicy, and the potatoes were cooked to perfection. The dijon cream sauce added the perfect amount of flavor to the dish. I will definitely be making this again!
1. When cutting the chicken into pieces, make sure they are all approximately the same size so they cook evenly.
2. If you don’t have Yukon Gold potatoes, feel free to use any other type of potato you have on hand.
3. The dijon cream sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to serve the dish.
4. This dish can be easily adapted to feed a larger crowd – simply double or triple the recipe as needed.
Conclusion & Recipe:
In conclusion, this chicken and potatoes with dijon cream sauce recipe is an easy and delicious way to make a hearty meal. The dish is packed with flavor and will leave you feeling satisfied. Give it a try the next time you’re looking for a tasty weeknight dinner option!
Chicken and potatoes with dijon cream sauce
- Three medium-sized boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half a pound of baby potatoes cut in quarters or halved according to your needs (no more than 1 inch pieces).
- For the dijon cream sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth I used low sodium
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper or to your taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Make sure to prepare the potatoes and chicken
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and chicken. Toss the chicken and potatoes in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season generously with salt, pepper, and the Italian seasoning mix (or Herbs de Provence).
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the butter and stir it well.
- Place the chicken in one half of your pan. Add the potatoes to the second half. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins, then flip it and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides. Place the potatoes and chicken on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Make the sauce
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic for 1 minute til fragrant.
- Mix in chicken broth, dijon mustard, and then add heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Combine it
- To prevent them from drying out in an oven, return the chicken and potatoes to their pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven until the chicken is done and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve the potatoes and chicken with dijon sauce. Garnish the dish with fresh herbs and cracked black pepper if you like.