Looking for a delicious meal that won’t break your diet? Try out this Chicken Stroganoff recipe! It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family, and no one will even know that it’s actually an incredibly healthy, low-calorie dish suitable for popular weight loss plans. Find out more in this article!
Chicken stroganoff is a delicious, diet-friendly recipe that the whole family will love. It’s a quick and easy meal to make, and it’s packed with protein and healthy ingredients. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch. And it’s so versatile – you can easily add more vegetables or swap out the chicken for another protein.
This recipe is delicious and diet-friendly because it is made with lean chicken breast, low-fat sour cream, and healthy mushrooms. It is a quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love. This dish is perfect for a busy weeknight or a casual weekend dinner.
When it comes to making a chicken stroganoff that is both delicious and diet-friendly, there are a few pro tips to keep in mind. First, be sure to use lean chicken breast meat in order to keep the calories and fat content down. Second, use low-fat or skim milk in the sauce to further reduce the fat content. Finally, be sure to use fresh mushrooms and onions in the dish for the best flavor and nutrition.
Conclusion & Recipe:
There are very few dishes as comforting and delicious as chicken stroganoff. This dish is perfect for a winter night when you want something hearty but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. It’s also a great option if you’re trying to eat healthier, as it’s relatively low in calories and fat.
Delicious And Diet-Friendly: Chicken Stroganoff For The Whole Family
- 600 g/1.2 lb chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray I used Fry Light.
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 10 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups beef stock from a stock cube
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup fat-free Quark cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- To serve
- pasta rice, mashed potatoes
- To garnish chop parsley
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt & pepper
- Spray a large skillet with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add a little stock to the pan if it gets too dry. Put the chicken aside.
- Add a splash of beef broth to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the mixture and then add the mushrooms. Stirring occasionally, cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the water and continue to cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the beef stock. Reduce heat to low. Add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Finally, add the Quark. To mix, use a balloon whisk.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for another 3 minutes.
- Continue to cook the chicken for five minutes, then add it back in.
- Mix chopped parsley with the sauce. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve over rice or pasta.