Mashed Potato Balls: Transform Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into Delicious Crispy Bites!
Have you been wondering what to do with all your leftover mashed potatoes? Look no further! With this amazing recipe for Mashed Potato Balls, you can turn your simple leftovers into a mouthwatering dish that will be sure to impress. Read on to find out how easy it is to transform your mashed potatoes into delicious crispy bites loaded with bacon and cheddar cheese!
If you have leftover mashed potatoes, don’t let them go to waste! Transform them into delicious, crispy mashed potato balls. This easy recipe is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, and it’s a hit with both kids and adults. All you need is some leftover mashed potatoes, an egg, bread crumbs, and a little bit of oil for frying. In just a few minutes, you’ll have crispy, golden-brown mashed potato balls that are perfect for snacking or serving as a side dish.
There are plenty of reasons to try this recipe for mashed potato balls! First, they’re a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Second, they’re crispy and delicious. Third, they’re easy to make.
Fourth, they’re perfect for parties and gatherings. Fifth, they can be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to serve them. Sixth, they freeze well, so you can always have some on hand for a quick snack or side dish.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
When it comes to leftover mashed potatoes, there are endless possibilities of what to do with them. But one of our favorite ways to enjoy them is by making these delicious mashed potato balls!
These little balls of goodness are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they make the perfect appetizer or side dish. And the best part is, they’re super easy to make! Just form the leftover mashed potatoes into balls, coat in a mixture of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and then bake until golden brown.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or just enjoy as is. Either way, we guarantee you’ll be hooked on these tasty little bites!
If you thought mashed potatoes were only good for one meal, think again! These Mashed Potato Balls are a delicious way to transform leftover mashed potatoes into something new and exciting. Here are some pro tips to help you make the most of this recipe:
1. Be sure to use cold mashed potatoes. This will help them bind together better and make for a more firm ball.
2. If your mashed potatoes are too dry, add a little bit of milk or cream to moisten them up. You want them to be wet enough to form into balls but not so wet that they fall apart when frying.
3. Use a spoon or your hands to form the potato mixture into small balls. Then, use a fork to press down slightly and create an indentation in the center of each ball. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from falling apart.
4. Fry the potato balls in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
There are a few things to keep in mind when making these mashed potato balls. First, the mashed potatoes should be cold when you form them into balls. If they are too warm, they will be difficult to work with and will not hold their shape as well. Second, make sure the potatoes are well-seasoned before forming them into balls. This will help ensure that the finished product is flavorful. Finally, be sure to use a light hand when coating the balls in breadcrumbs. Too much breading will make them difficult to eat.
Conclusion & Recipe:
There are few things as versatile as mashed potatoes. Whether you’re using leftover mashed potatoes or making them from scratch, they can be transformed into all sorts of delicious dishes. In this case, we’re transforming them into crispy bites that are perfect for snacking or serving as a side dish.
To make these mashed potato balls, simply mix together your leftover mashed potatoes with some shredded cheese, chopped green onions, and an egg. Then, form the mixture into balls and coat them in bread crumbs. Finally, frying them until they’re golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Mashed Potato Balls
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg lightly beat
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian Parsley Leaves
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the milk in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 min. Add the egg, bacon bits and cheddar cheese to the bowl. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape into 1-in. Roll in breadcrumbs. Make sure you attach the breadcrumbs to the potato balls. To retain the shape, place in the refrigerator for between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet to heat to 375°F (190°C). Fry the potato balls one at a time. When they are light brown, transfer them to paper towels and drain. Serve immediately